Cable Net Start Year With New Deals
- Cable nets get jump on upfront. Friedman, Wayne // Advertising Age;5/17/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 20, p3
Reports on the upfront advertising deals acquired by cable television networks in the U.S. in 2004. Sectors which acquired early cable deals; Information on conceptual deals; Advertising income forecast for cable networks.
- WCNY starts cable channel. Grossman, Naomi // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;5/13/96, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p1
Reports on WCNY-TV's agreement to provide full-time cable programming on Time Warner Cable in Central New York. Expansion in cable television service; Comments from company officials; Public service broadcasting.
- Time Warner moving ahead to big battle satellite TV. Dickinson, Casey J. // Business Journal (Central New York);5/3/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p1
Discusses the plan of Time Warner Cable to launch a 24-hour news channel in 2002. Background on the company; Information on the company's studio in Syracuse, New York; Details on the hiring plans of the company.
- Call pitfalls? Cablers, webs debate ads' value. Diuguid, Carol // Variety;03/03/97, Vol. 366 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the debate between cable operators and cable television stations concerning advertisements urging subscribers to call their cable provider to include certain television networks. Cable operators' claim that the ads create a false demand for the channels; Networks' claims concerning...
- SBS files to fill Swiss TV holes. Edmunds, Marlene // Variety;07/13/98, Vol. 371 Issue 9, p32
Reports on the application of Scandinavian Broadcasting System (SBS) to launch a German-language cable channel in Switzerland. Information on the cable channel launched; Joint-venture plans of SBS with TA-Media Group; Synergy targets of SBS in television advertising.
- Cable out-rates networks in prime. // MediaWeek;10/9/95, Vol. 5 Issue 38, p3
Reports that prime time ratings of cable networks in the United States surged higher than television networks in the third quarter of 1995.
- TV stations and cable systems agree. Rodriguez, Sandra D. // Caribbean Business;10/7/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p44
Reports on the agreement between cable television systems and television stations operating in Puerto Rico regarding stations' request for compensation for the right to broadcast their signal. Effect of the United States' congressional approval of the Cable Television Consumer Protection and...
- Thankful for campaign season. Trigoboff, Dan // Broadcasting & Cable;10/28/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 44, p33
Reports on business prospects of various cable networks in Quincy, Illinois and Hannibal in Missouri and Keokuk in Iowa for the year 2002. Percentage reduction in revenue from 2000 to 2001; Business empire of television station WGEM-TV owner Quincy Newspapers.
- Programmers stake out space on digital tiers. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;7/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p22
Reports the launching of specialized digital channels by cable television companies the United States. Strategy of Discovery Digital Networks; Digital channels of A&E Television Networks; Contents of the HBO/MaxPAk multipackage by HBO/Cinamax.