Voom Faithful Still Holding Out Hope
- The Defining Moment. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/20/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 8, SPECIAL REPORT p18
Presents an interview with Greg Moyer, general manager of Voom, on high definition satellite. Version of high definition television offered by Voom; Comment on the lack of knowledge of consumers about high definition television; Outlook on the future of high definition; Marketing plans of Voom.
- VOOM COO Sees More Retail Ahead. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p46
Reports on the plan of Rainbow DBS Inc. to expand its retail approach by launching its Voom high definition television satellite service. Availability of Voom; Drivers for the Voom service; Number of subscribers of Rainbow DBS as of December 31, 2003.
- Voom Touts Set-Top Lease Option. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;3/1/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p32
Reports on the marketing strategy of the Voom direct-broadcast satellite provider of Rainbow DBS as of March 2004. Lease price of the set-top for the high-definition television programming service; Reduction on the price of Motorola Inc. set-tops; Cost of high- and standard-definition channel...
- Dolans Fight Over Future Of Voom. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;3/7/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p4
This article reports on the ongoing dispute between Cablevision Systems CEO James Dolan and Cablevision chairman Charles Dolan over the future of the troubled Voom high-definition-centric satellite TV service, as of March 2005. The spat between Charles Dolan and his son, James, ultimately led to...
- Magid Study Canvasses HDTV Interest. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p4C
States that direct broadcast satellite (DBS) companies remain a strong competitor for high definition television (HDTV) share-of-mind among the U.S. population, according to a research conducted by Frank N. Magid Associates in October 2003. Consumer interest in HDTV; Differences in confidence...
- HD: More, more, moreâ€¦. Santo, Brian // CED;Dec2007, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p18
The article reports on the high demand for high definition (HD) television in the consumer market in 2007 in the U.S. It is said that there are as many as 30 million HD sets in the U.S. and household penetration hovers near 25 percent. The direct broadcast satellite companies have been...
- DirecTV ramps up for HDTV. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;01/12/98, Vol. 128 Issue 2, p3
Discusses DirecTV's plans to beam high definition television (HDTV) programing to 48 states in the United States in fall 1998, and the live broadcast of HDTV programming from the company's uplink facility in Castle Rock, Colorodo at the 1998 Consumer Electronics Show. Display of programming on...
- DirectTV Launches Hi-Def HDNet Channel. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/17/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p21
Reports the launching of Direct TV high definition television network featuring HDNet channel in El Seguido, California. Replacement of HD sports channel to direct broadcast satellite TV; Agreements of the programmers with different professional sport events; Promotion of the HD television.
- Research: Cable Loses More Subs to Moves. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;10/3/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p6
Reports on a survey which revealed that consumers who purchase new homes prefer satellite television over cable television, conducted by Peter D. Hart Research Associates in the U.S. in 2005. Percentage of respondents who upgraded their cable or satellite service when moving into a new home;...