An 87-year-old man with a tympanic abdominal mass
- Diverticular Disease. // New Harvard Guide to Women's Health;2004, p207
Presents a woman's guide to diverticular disease. Causes; Risk factors; Symptoms and diagnosis; Treatment and prevention.
- SURGICAL TREATMENT OF DIVERTICULITIS COLI. Jay, Jack B.; Gants, Robert T. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct1955, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p396
Presents information on the surgical treatment of diverticulitis coli. Incidence of diverticulosis; Location of the diverticula; Indications for operations.
- DIVERTICULITIS OF THE COLONâˆ—. Patterson, Howard A. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct1965, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p346
Addresses the challenges in the treatment of colonic diverticulosis and diverticulitis. Characteristics of colonic diverticula; Causes of colonic diverticulosis and diverticulitis; Indications for surgical intervention in diverticulitis.
- Large Diverticulum and Volvulus of the Small Bowel in Adults. Chou, Chung Kuao; Mark, Chee-Wai; Wu, Reng-Hong; Chang, Jinn-Ming // World Journal of Surgery;Jan2005, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p80
The purpose of this study was to evaluate the relationship of large diverticulum (>3 cm) and volvulus of the small bowel (SB) in adults. A computer search of the medical records between January 1995 and December 2002 revealed 94 surgically proved cases of small bowel volvulus in adults. We...
- diverticulitis. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p240
An encyclopedia entry for "diverticulitis" is presented. It is the inflammation of diverticula or abnormal sacs or pouches found in the intestinal wall, particularly in the colon. Symptoms of this disease include fever, abdominal pain and vomiting, among others, while severe cases show...
- Transverse Taeniamyotomy in Localized Acute Diverticulitis. Hodgson, W. J. B.; Schanzer, H.; Bakare, S.; McElhinney, A. J. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jan1979, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p61
Transverse taeniamyotomy has been in use for over four years in the surgical correction of the muscle abnormality of diverticular disease. Essentially, the technic is to carefully transversely incise the two antimesenteric taeniae coli at 2 cm. intervals, in a stepwise manner, from the...
- Diverticular Disease. // Diseases & Disorders: A Nursing Therapeutics Manual, 2nd edition;2002, p323
Offers information on diverticular disease, an intestinal disorder which comes in two forms namely diverticulosis and diverticulitis. Causes of the condition; Gender and life span considerations; Signs and symptoms of the disease; Primary nursing diagnosis; Planning and implementation of treatment.
- Laser surgery for Zenker's diverticulum: European combined study. Papaspyrou, Giorgos; Schick, Bernhard; Papaspyrou, Spyros; Wiegand, Susanne; Al Kadah, Basel // European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology;Jan2016, Vol. 273 Issue 1, p183
Surgical intervention is the gold standard of treatment for Zenker's diverticulum. The aim of this study was to examine the role of laser surgery in a large number of patients with this pathological entity. The data of 91 consecutive patients treated due to Zenker's diverticulum with the aid of...
- Diverticular Abscess Presenting as an Incarcerated Inguinal Hernia. Greenberg, Josh; Arnell, Tracey D. // American Surgeon;Mar2005, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p208
Acute diverticulitis may present with an abscess that is usually pericolonic or pelvic and can be treated with urgent surgery or percutaneous drainage. We present a case of a diverticular abscess presenting as a left inguinal hernia. This is analogous to an Amyand's hernia in which an inflamed...