A&E Caps Spree With 'Sopranos' For Princely Sum
- 'Sopranos' nears a syndie high note. Martin, Denise; Dempsey, John // Variety;1/31/2005, Vol. 397 Issue 11, p6
Focuses on several factors affecting the syndication rights for the television program "The Sopranos" from Home Box Office Inc. Total number of episodes of the television program; List of cable networks that bid to acquire the program; Price for each episode of the program.
- Original Shows ADD FUEL To Cable's Syndie Fire. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;5/29/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p24
Focuses on the launch of off-network programming by cable operators in the U.S. Information on television programs that will start to rerun on other cable networks; Other television programs that are expected to be syndicated in cable networks; Amount allocated by A&E for the broadcast...
- Cable series consider syndication arena. Pursell, Chris // Electronic Media;05/08/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p1A
Reports on the transition of cable television programs in the United States into the syndication arena. Growing popularity of cable television series; Increase in the number of cable programs; Success that October Moon's `MTV's The Real World' off-cable series has had in syndication; Prospects...
- TOP OF THE 'WORLD'. // Entertainment Weekly;2/27/2004, Issue 753, p87
Presents a list of the top ranking cable and syndicated television shows in the U.S. from January 26 to February 8, 2004, including "Budweiser Shootout," from TNT.
- Finding New Roads to Syndie Success. Marcus, Mort; Bernstein, Ira // Television Week;7/7/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p10
The author offers insights on the decline of television syndication. He says that nowadays, the cable industry can either choose to continue going down this same path or stop the grieving and start adapting to a challenging market. He argues that in a tough business climate, it is even more...
- Focus Minneapolis-St. Paul. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/25/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 27, p23
Presents charts dealing with television broadcasting in the Twin Cities, Minnesota. Top local commercial television stations; Number of cable subscribers; Top syndicated show in May 2001.
- A diminishing return? Ault, Susanne // Broadcasting & Cable;7/30/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 32, p22
Reports on airing of sitcoms on cable television in the United States as of July 30, 2001. Impact on syndication of sitcoms in the broadcast television market.
- Seeking a wider audience. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;01/21/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 3, p35
Reports the plan of syndication distributor The African Heritage Network to change its name and bring out a pair of weekend series for the 2002-03 season. History of The African Heritage Network; Implication of the change of name; Services offered by The African Heritage.
- Jones uploads shows to syndication. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;1/8/96, Vol. 126 Issue 2, p58
Reports that Jones Computer Network (JCN) is eyeing the American television program syndication market for its off-cable programming. Previous foray into the international syndication business; Television series produced for the network.