1:3 nurses retire
- CNA's Huli Retires, Progressive Movement. // Registered Nurse: Journal of Patient Advocacy;Dec2006, Vol. 102 Issue 10, p12
The article focuses on the retirement of Giuliana Milanese in November 2006 after working for 40 years at California Nurses Association as a community organizer in California. Milanese work involves recruiting and educating registered nurses to build relationship with people outside the...
- New calendar out. // American Nurse;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p4
The article reports that the Oklahoma Nurses Association has completed its second "Men in Nursing" calendar. It is designed to spark more interest among men in the varying opportunities within the nursing profession. The calendar offers a professional portrayal of men and their contribution to...
- CNA salutes. // Canadian Nurse;Apr2005, Vol. 101 Issue 4, p29
Announces that the Examination Committee for the Canadian Registered Nurse Exam met at the Canadian Nursing Association House on February 4-11, 2005. Information on the committee.
- Highlights from the 2005 Canadian Nurses Association Annual Report. // Canadian Nurse;May2006, Vol. 102 Issue 5, p24
Presents important issues featured in the 2005 Canadian Nurses Association annual report. Vision and mission; Scope of practice; Framework for registered nurse basic practice; Integration of nursing knowledge, nursing research and leadership.
- A COMPARISON BETWEEN SDNA AND THE BOARD OF NURSING. // South Dakota Nurse (South Dakota Nurses Association);Mar2005, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p16
Compares the South Dakota Nurses Association and the South Dakota Board of Nursing. Address and contact information of the two nursing organizations; Mission statement of the organizations; Functions of the organizations.
- Makeover for RCN. // Nursing Standard;2/9/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p5
Reports on the decision of the Registered Council of Nurses (RCN) to create a project to re-brand and develop the RCN into a more user-friendly organization in England. Contribution of the changes to better care for patients; Need for RCN to reassert its authority as the definitive voice of...
- The Magnet journey. Drumm, Cathy // Healthcare Traveler;Apr2005, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p18
Provides information on the Magnet Recognition Program established by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Processes involved in applying for Magnet status; Information on the 14 Forces of Magnetism which are the foundation for the Magnet Recognition Program; Performance of nurses...
- Focus on CAAPN. // Canadian Nurse;Nov2004, Vol. 100 Issue 9, p34
Presents information on the Canadian Association of Advanced Practice Nurses. Promotion of the development and evolution of advanced nursing practice (ANP); Collaboration with the Canadian Nurses Association for various ANP initiatives; Involvement in other ANP activities.
- Diary. // World of Irish Nursing;Feb2004, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p52
Presents a calendar of activities of the Irish Nurses Organization in Ireland from February to June 2004. Nurses Week at Mater Misericordiae University Hospital on February 2-6; Occupational Health Nurses Section meeting on February 4; Directors of Nursing Section meeting on March 4; 6th Annual...