Media Doctor prognosis for health journalism
- Public health websites. // Scandinavian Journal of Public Health;Jun2004, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p234
Provides information about the useful Public Health Web sites in Finland. Lists of relevant international sites; Design of the Web sites; Changes and addresses of the sites.
- Online and up to date New Zealand Medical Journal 20 May 2005. // New Zealand Doctor;5/18/2005, p4
Lists the articles in the May 20, 2005 issue of the "New Zealand Medical Journal" posted in the Web site nzma.org.nz/journal. "Medical Practitioners and Competition Law in Australia and New Zealand"; "Prioritisation of Elective Surgery in New Zealand: The Reliability Study"; "Does the Priority...
- Size of flu epidemics can be predicted by computer. // GP: General Practitioner;7/8/2011, p8
The article reports that a computer model has been developed by researchers from Harvard School of Public Health in Boston, Massachusetts, that could be used to predict the extent of flu epidemics, several weeks before peak infection levels are reached. It provides information on how the...
- Online info seekers beware. // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Aug2005, Issue 274, p14
Focuses on the use of the Internet as a source for health-related information. Reasons for healthy skepticism; Common problem concerning Internet resources; Failure of several sites in mentioning possible side effects from using a product.
- New program brings disabilities, access to public health forefront. Wahowiak, Lindsey // Nation's Health;Oct2015, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p18
The article offers information on Public Health is for Everyone, an online program for public health professionals aimed to address barriers to public health for people with disabilities.
- hfma: What's New on Our Web Site. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Sep2007, Vol. 61 Issue 9, p25
The article focuses on the health-related information which can be found at the web site of the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA). It provides tips on calculating the cost of charity care, the patient assistance fund administrative policy, the major revenue cycle metrics and...
- Launches. // Pharmaceutical Executive;Apr2006, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p146
The article reports developments related to health care. GetWell Network established a task force of health, technology, media, and community groups to enhance its interactive patient care platform for children's hospital. BioSpace introduced the weekly electronic newsletter "Career Insider."...
- FROM THE EDITOR. Duffy, Brian // U.S. News & World Report;12/26/2005-1/2/06, Vol. 139 Issue 24, p12
The article presents an editorial regarding the Best Health portion of the journal's Web site, usnews.com. Best Health was started in partnership with the Cleveland Clinic, Harvard University's Joslin Diabetes Center, Johns Hopkins University Medical Center, the Mayo Clinic, and the Stanford...
- Diversity Webwatch. // Diversity in Health & Social Care;2005, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p252
The article presents web sites which focus on diversity in religion and the workplace. These include: the web site of Diversiton, a non-profit training organization for human resources personnel and senior managers; the web site of the Multi-Faith Group for Healthcare Chaplaincy; and the web...