Codey Bows Out
- Is Codey a Lame Duck or a Candidate? Mulroy, Gene J. // njbiz;12/20/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 51, p12
Speculates on the potential of New Jersey Acting Governor Richard J. Codey as a candidate in the gubernatorial race in 2005. Comparison between Codey and his possible opponent U.S. Senator Jon Corzine according to professional political observers; Provisions of a proposed constitutional...
- Now Comes the Real Push for Power. Mulroy, Gene J. // njbiz;4/18/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p16
Comments on issues and events concerning New Jersey's politics and business sector as of April 18, 2005. Details of candidates for the fall gubernatorial and Assembly elections; Move of acting Governor Richard Codey to sign a bill that increases the state's hourly minimum wage; Efforts of...
- N.J. Governor Pushes 2% Spending Cut. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;3/2/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32081, p1
The article reports that New Jersey acting Governor Richard Codey said yesterday the state's day of reckoning had arrived as he proposed a budget that included a more than 2% cut in spending, and proposed suspending the state's property tax rebate for all homeowners except senior citizens to...
- First, Restore the State's Fiscal Sanity. Edwards, Gregg M. // njbiz;11/29/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p15
Emphasizes the responsibilities of Richard Codey, acting governor and Senate president of New Jersey. Characteristic of Codey; Increase in the taxes from 2002 to 2004; Issues that should be resolved by Codey; Negative impression brought by the his administration's first fiscal policy decision;...
- Can Codey Heal Wounds McGreevey Left? Scarry, Donald M. // njbiz;12/13/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p10
Discusses the leadership capabilities of New Jersey acting governor Richard Codey. Background on several confidants of the acting governor, including law firms; Comparison of the politics of winning the governorship and leadership; Characteristics of an effective gubernatorial candidate.
- The War on Corruption Is Just Getting Started. Goldstein, Scott // njbiz;1/16/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p3
The article criticizes the anti-corruption campaign developed by New Jersey Governor Richard Codey in January 2006. Accusations raised against its Department of Treasury are presented. U.S. Attorney Christopher Christie has filed charges against the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New...
- DOING DOUBLE DUTY: RICHARD J. CODEY. Gurney, Kaitlin // State Legislatures;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p36
Profiles Richard J. Codey, acting governor and president of the state senate in New Jersey. Information on the governor's theory of politics; Overview of the personal social agenda of Codey during his January 2005 State of the State address; Planned publication of an autobiography by Codey...
- The Right Way to Spend a Windfall. // njbiz;6/6/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p12
Ponders on issues related to the plan of Acting Governor Richard Codey to use the New Jersey state finance to restore some of the property tax rebates he proposed eliminating in 2005. Amount of the state finance that Codey wants to use; Possible ways to use the state finance.
- This Plan Widens the Have-Have Not Gap. Shure, Jon // njbiz;3/14/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p10
Presents views on the state budget speech delivered by Acting Governor Richard Codey of New Jersey in March 2005. Plans proposed by Codey for the state in 2005; Impact of the income tax cuts on the state's revenue; Recommendations regarding the state budget.