Texas Looks to Get Inventive to Finance Growing Higher Education Needs
- Higher education and the state. Shafer, Susanne M. // European Education;Winter93/94, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p3
Focuses on the relationship between higher education in Europe and the state. Role in passing on heritage; Academic freedoms in universities; Administration of universities; Changes in higher education.
- Grading our universities. // Orange County Business Journal;11/18/96, Vol. 19 Issue 47, p28
Presents information on the rankings of Southern California universities, among institutions of higher learning in the United States.
- A job half done. // Nature;3/16/2000, Vol. 404 Issue 6775, p211
Calls for the Spanish government to focus on improving the assessment and related rewards for the country's universities. Public bodies responsible for the assessment of the quality of universities; Council of Rectors of the Spanish Universities' establishment of a commission to evaluate...
- More central control. // Nature;9/28/1995, Vol. 377 Issue 6547, p274
Opinion. Focuses on the relationship of the British government with universities. Establishment of an organization to superintend educational standards in British universities; Dispersal of responsibility for standards in higher education.
- Make colleges like fast companies. Grund, John M. // Oregon Business Magazine;Nov97, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p38
Reports that Oregon's education needs to be changed, while describing the system as a fast company, delivering just-enough, just-in-time education. Reference to the report `Task Force on Higher Education and the Economy which calls for a customer-oriented university system; Conservative mission...
- Hire learning bombshell. Maslen, Geoffrey // Bulletin with Newsweek;05/05/98, Vol. 117 Issue 6121, p46
Reports on the reaction to the West committee's report `Learning for Life,' commission by the Howard government to provide advice on the future of higher education in Australia. Report calling for a fundamental change in the way universities and colleges are financed and run; Federal Education...
- India : Promoting Institutions of Higher Education in the Country. // TendersInfo News;8/12/2014, p1
The article offers information on the efforts made by the Indian Central Government to promote higher education institutions.
- The German University--Basically healthy or rotten?. Fuhr, Christoph // European Education;Winter93/94, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p41
Focuses on the study of German universities. Conditions of the mass university; Crisis in profiling and orientation; Reorientation in 1991; Period of `educational euphoria'; Higher education reform; Objectives of educational policy.
- School of PROMISE. Maher, Michael // Bulletin with Newsweek;03/28/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6217, p40
Examines the impact of Singapore's effort to become Asia's academic center on Australia's academic institutions. Rise in the number of United States academic institutions operating joint ventures in Singapore; High number of Singaporeans and foreigners enrolled in Australian universities;...