Dallas Official Lauds Gap-Closing $540 Million Pension Bond Deal
- Michigan County Selling POBs After Detroit-Induced Delay. Devitt, Caitlin // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;1/15/2014, p2
The article reports that Saginaw County, Michigan brought 52 million U.S. dollars of pension obligation bonds (POB) to market on January 16, 2013, after a six-month delay. It informs the Saginaw was one of a number of local credits that postponed deals in August 2013 as investors backed off...
- MUNICIPAL BOND ACTIVITIES. // Bond Buyer;8/11/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32194, p4
Presents several conventions about municipal bonds in the U.S. Highlights of the Wisconsin Government Finance Officers Association conference; Schedule of the Pension Funding and Bonds Seminar hosted by the Bonds Market Association; Web site address of the Fifth Annual Transportation Finance...
- Connecticut, Stratford officials are eager to discuss town's pension bond plan. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;07/07/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30429, p5
Reports that representatives of Stratford, Connecticut will meet with state officials to settle question regarding legality of the town's plan to issue $95 million in taxable pension obligation bonds. Concerns over the town's unfunded pension liability; Review of the measure by the Office of...
- Report warns pension liabilities could place put 'significant strain' on Atlanta. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;02/01/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30569, p6
Cites Research Atlanta's watchdog report warning about the impact of unfunded pension liabilities in Atlanta, Georgia on operating funds. Potential challenges to higher user fees for maintaining municipal bond floats; Financing plan from Mayor Bill Campbell.
- Cincinnati to issue tax-exempts to pay pension fund debt. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;02/23/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30834, p3
Reports that the state of Cincinnati plans to sell tax-exempt, unlimited-tax general obligation bonds. Use of the proceeds to pay off liability to the Ohio Police and Fire Pension Fund; Underwriter assigned to handle the negotiated sale of municipal bonds.
- Interest in pensin obligation bonds may increase in wake of market turmoil. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;09/29/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30488, p39
Reports that municipalities' rush to finance unfunded pension liabilities with the proceeds of taxable bond issues is likely to increase, according to speakers at the 1998 New England Public Finance Conference. Use of pension funds to eliminate growing liabilities; Consideration of issuing...
- Chicago's $500M GO Deal Kicks off $4.1B Borrowing Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/8/2016, Vol. 1 Issue F349, p1
Chicago will offer its long planned $500 million general obligation refunding next week with plans for another $3.6 billion of new money, refunding, and restructuring GO and revenue-backed borrowing in its 2016 pipeline.
- California's Lockyer Eyes Forming a New Insurer. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;3/28/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32845, p1
The article reports that the California state treasurer Bill Lockyer is considering a proposal to bring together the state's largest pension funds to form a monoline bond insurer. It is stated that the plan is to address the municipal rating scale and the current system of credit enhancement....
- Fiscal Realities of State and Local Governments. Price, Beth // Journal of Property Management;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p18
The article focuses on declaration of bankruptcy by a state or local government in the U.S. It states that cities should get state government permission before declaring bankruptcy and states tends to bail the local government. It states that the pension system and other benefits of the local...