Munis Rise Up After Treasuries Following Weaker Payrolls Data
- Municipals Head North, Favoring Long Term, As Supply Increases. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/16/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32133, p2
The article reports that the municipal bond market moved higher on Friday with most firmness seen on the long end, which cheapens on a relative basis when Treasuries rally, attracting investor demand. Traders said bonds changed hands at yields that were as much as three and four basis points...
- Bid Fades After Lukewarm Interest in Treasury Notes. Johnson, Anastasua; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;1/12/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32297, p2
The article reports on the failure of the bid in the municipal bond market. The reason behind the failure is the lack of interest shown by buyers. Traders said municipal bond yields edged one or two basis points higher as prices fell for the second straight session. The yield to par call on The...
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;1/8/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32543, p30
Several charts are presented depicting bond market statistics including bond index, bond prices, and municipal bond finance.
- Bond Buyer Indexes Fall After Mixed Performance Last Week. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;6/6/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31651, p39
The Bond Buyer, a periodical, yield indexes mostly fell in the week ending June 6, 2003. Municipal bond yields rose up to two basis points on June 6 and two to five basis points on June 2. Treasury bonds' prices fell on June 2 when reports indicated that the May Institute for Supply Management...
- Muni Prices Rise Slightly on Bond-Friendly Data. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/23/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32285, p2
The article reports on developments in the tax-exempt municipal bond market in the United States. The Treasuries increase due to reports of weaker-than-expected consumption growth and inflation. According to traders, prices increase and yields decline by two basis points and four basis points in...
- Munis Post Best Performance of 2000; Merrill Lynch Wins S.F. Airport Issue. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;03/24/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30856, p2
Reports on bond market developments in the United States on March 23, 2000. Performance of Treasury bonds; Basis points increase seen for municipal bonds; Estimated price gains for bonds; Status of the California market; Negotiated sector developments.
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;12/27/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32781, p32
The article presents bond and Treasury markets statistics in the U.S. in 2007 including U.S. securities prices, municipal market data general obligation yields, and municipal bond prices.
- Munis Little Changed as Buyers Wait For Release of Employment Report. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;11/5/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32005, p2
Assesses on the performance of the municipal bond market in the United States. Impact of the national election on the market; Improvement in the bid side; Interest rate outlook; Conservativeness in the corporate America; Economic recovery; Job growth; Improvement in bonds prices.
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;12/5/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32767, p41
The article presents bond market statistics which include short-term tax-exempt yields, U.S. securities prices, municipal market data general obligation yields, and municipal bond prices.