Court Upholds Contested Re-Election of Incumbent San Diego Mayor Dick Murphy
- Mayor's Race Lands in Court. Broderick, Pat // San Diego Business Journal;11/15/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 46, p1
Reports that lawyer John W. Howard has filed a lawsuit to stop the counting of mayoral votes in San Diego, California. Conflict between the city charter, which prohibits write-in votes, and the city code, which allows them; Effect of the lawsuit on councilwoman Donna Frye; Distinction between...
- San Diego's dramatic mayoral. // Gay & Lesbian Times;12/2/2004, Issue 884, p12
Comments on the candidacy of Donna Frye in San Diego's mayoral race. Wish that Donna Frye will spectacularly exit the race as she entered it; Emphasis of the reasoning behind letting go of this race; Difficulty for Frye to get more legal votes.
- Donna Frye gets SDCC endorsement. Ralston, Rachel // Gay & Lesbian Times;6/2/2005, Issue 910, p16
Reports that the San Diego Democratic Club voted to endorse San Diego City Councilmember Donna Frye in the 15-candidate mayoral race for the seat Mayor Dick Murphy will vacate on July 15, 2005. Resignation of Murphy into his second term; Consideration of Frye a front-runner in the July 26...
- Mayor's Race Becomes a Matter of Business. Broderick, Pat // San Diego Business Journal;8/1/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p1
Reports on the replacement of Mayor Dick Murphy by Councilwoman Donna Frye after a special election in San Diego, California. Percentage of vote received by both parties; Other nominees of the position; Business controversy faced by Frye.
- The Bubble Bill. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/15/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32112, p33
Reports on the write-in challenge mounted by city councilwoman Donna Frye against incumbent Mayor Dick Murphy in San Diego, California. Failure of voters who wrote in her name on their ballots to fill in the bubble next to their names to make the ballots readable by machines; Basis for the...
- Commentary from a gay Democrat. Whitburn, Stephen // Gay & Lesbian Times;10/27/2005, Issue 931, p39
Focuses on the support of the author for the mayoral race of Donna Frye against Republican candidate Jerry Sanders in San Diego, California on November 8, 2005. Factors contributing to the full support of the author for the mayoral race of Frye; Opinion of Sanders on civil rights for gay and...
- Community Coalition Breakfast to feature mayoral candidates. // Gay & Lesbian Times;10/13/2005, Issue 929, p20
Reports that the mayoral candidate of San Diego Donna Frye and Jerry Sanders will speak at The Center's Community Coalition Breakfast in The Center's auditorium in California. Emergence of Frye and Sanders as the top two candidates in a special mayoral election; Cost of the full breakfast...
- San Diego voters split on candidates. // Gay & Lesbian Times;7/28/2005, Issue 918, p32
Reports on the mayoral elections in San Diego, California in November 2005 after voters in the city failed to agree on a new mayor on July 26, 2005. Lead posted by surf shop owner and maverick council member Donna Frye; Candidacies of former police chief Jerry Sanders and businessman Steve Francis.
- Votes in San Diego Mayor's Race Favor Incumbent, But Challenger Fights On. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/23/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32016, p32
Reports that mayor's race in San Diego, California has turned against the surprising write-in challenge of political candidate Donna Frye. Rule for a write-in vote to count; Frye's consistent demand for more open city government processes after it was revealed that the city had failed to...