Texas Regional Mobility Authority Preps Landmark Deal
- Toll Road Plans Rev Up in Texas. Schlauch, Brendan // Governing;Sep2008, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p66
The article reports that the plan of the state of Texas to build 1,100 miles of new roads has raised some concerns from various parts of the state. Some legislators have threatened to revoke the authority of the Texas Department of Transportation to enter into private-toll contracts when the...
- Ga. Roadblock Removed. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/20/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32282, p1
The article reports on a public-private road project in Georgia state. The Georgia State Transportation Board has voted to negotiate a letter of intent to do the state's first public-private road project, which could lead to the issuance of nearly $1.3 billion in general obligation and revenue...
- Toll Collect hangs by a thread. // Commercial Motor;11/27/2003, Vol. 198 Issue 5056, p18
Reports on the decision of Toll Collect, the German motorway charging operator, to deny that the LKW-Maut road charging scheme will be terminated following delays to its launch as of November 2003. Possibility that the whole scheme would be abandoned; Difficulties faced in launching the scheme.
- Plans to privatise motorway network. // Contract Journal;9/2/2009, Vol. 448 Issue 6734, p8
The article reports on the proposal of motoring experts to call for the government to consider selling motorway networks in Great Britain to raise 85 billion pounds. It mentions that the Royal Automobile Club (RAC) has proposed the full privatisation of the Highways Agency due to increasing...
- Toll Roads for All. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/6/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31794, p27
Reports that state highways could become toll roads under a policy approved by the Transportation Commission in Texas. Uses of excess toll revenue; Plan of the commission to convert freeways to toll roads.
- Tampa-Hillsborough Agency Opens Reversible-Lanes Toll Road. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/24/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32429, p3
The article reports on Tampa-Hillsborough Expressway Authority's opening of its nine-mile-long reversible lanes toll road. It is a 420 million dollar bond-financed project believed to be the first of its kind in the state of Florida. The Expressway Authority is seeking proposals from...
- Public-private partnership slashes commute times in half. // San Diego Business Journal;3/3/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 9, Special section p6
The article features the South Bay Expressway in San Diego, California. The region's toll road was opened to traffic on November 19, 2007. It is a 10-mile highway that completes the missing link in San Diego's transportation network. The Expressway runs from State Route 54 in Spring Valley to...
- Two Texas Authorities Team Up to Extend Toll-Road Project. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;01/18/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31059, p6
Reports on a proposal to extend Harris County, Texas' planned Westpark Toll Road past county lines into Fort Bend County. Proposed road project of the Fort Bend County Toll Road Authority and the Harris County Toll Road Authority; Estimated construction cost; Toll roads successfully operated by...
- Brownsville, TX, gets all-electronic toll points on SH550 bypass to ports, S Padre Island. Whistler, Deborah // Fleet Owner Blog;8/12/2013, p1
The article reports on the continuation of an all-electronic tolling in Brownsville, Texas by the Cameron Country Mobility Authority (CCRMA) as part of the State Highway 550's (SH550's) next phase that will connect U.S. Route 77 (US77) and the Port of Brownsville in 2013.