Short and Intermediate Munis Slip Due to Productivity Data Pressure
- Payrolls Up 111,000; Unemployment to 4.6%. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;2/5/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32561, p2
The article focuses on the increased non-farm payrolls as well as the unemployment rate in the U.S. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the payrolls grew by less than the expected 111,000 in January 2007, while the unemployment rate rose to 4.6 percent. The polled economists predicted...
- INBRIEF. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;1/8/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33037, p2
The article offers updates related to political and economic condition in the U.S. Experts examines how the U.S. addresses the economic challenges it faces that will determine the length and depth of the current recession. Meanwhile, December private payrolls are expected to have declined...
- The New Loan Market? Kellerhals, Richard // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/11/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 34, p25
The article offers information on the flight of investments in secured bonds in the capital market in the U.S. in 2009. It highlights the move of loan investors to make investments in secured bonds, foreseeing the potential of the secured loan arena to be the new bank loan market. It also...
- An economic expansion with jobs expected in 2004. Grunewald, Rob; Madden, Tobias // Fedgazette;Jan2004, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p16
Predicts the economic performance of the Ninth District states in the U.S. for 2004. Growth in industrial productivity for the first nine months of 2003; Improvements in the manufacturing sector; Increase in the wages and salaries for civilian workers.
- Aug. Non-Farm Payrolls Up; Unemployment Down to 4.7%. Smith, Nicole M. // Bond Buyer;9/5/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32459, p2
No abstract available.
- Munis Weaker in Holiday-Abbreviated Session. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;10/9/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32729, p2
The article reports on the forecast of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) on the trading yields of securities/bond in the municipal market in the U.S. According to the MSRB data that the municipal market is weaker in Friday next from Treasury market, after economic data established...
- Analysts: State can afford environmental bond. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;10/26/98, Vol. 14 Issue 43, p9
Focuses on the optimism of economic analysts in Michigan on the ability of the state to afford the $675 million environmental-bond proposed for the November 3, 1998 vote. Basis for the optimism; Background on the environmental bond proposal.
- Results of Negotiated Sales . the TFMG Bond Research Group // Bond Buyer;11/16/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31267, p24
Reports on the results of negotiated sales for bond and securities in various states of the U.S. Name of the companies those succeeded in purchasing the bonds through negotiation; Total amount of the bonds purchased by the company; Coupon rates for the bonds; Date for introducing the first coupon.
- Up to 40 buy-siders to join Project Neptune. McDowell, Hayley // Ai Trade News;1/1/2016, p17
The article reports that bond trading initiative Project Neptune expects to be joined by up to 40 buy-side partners in January 2016 alone as it projects mass expansion.