Arlington Officials Likely to Ink Stadium Pact With Dallas Cowboys
- Dunedin embraces its field of dreams. Edwards, Brent // NZ Rugby World;Apr2007, Issue 100, p85
The article offers information on the proposed new Dunedin, New Zealand multi-purpose stadium. According to the author, the stadium will become the city's principal rugby football venue. He mentions that the proposal was given a major boost on February 28, 2007 when the City Council voted to...
- Wichita Lines Up STARS for Amateur Sports Complex. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/11/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33646, p5
The article reports on the City Council in Wichita, Kansas' discussion regarding the sales tax and revenue (STAR) bonds worth 50 million dollars for the development of an amateur sports complex in the city.
- Dallas Council approves arena plan. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;10/09/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30248, p34
Announces Dallas, Texas City Council's approval of a resolution for the construction of an arena for its professional basketball and hockey teams. Approval of a letter of intent with the Stars hockey team and the Mavericks basketball team; Amount of contribution pledged by the two teams.
- Santa Clara Still Talking Stadium With 49ers. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/18/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32798, p1
The article reports on the action taken by the City Council of Santa Clara, California regarding the construction of a new stadium for the National Football League's San Francisco 49ers. The council, by a 6-to-1 vote, accepted the results of a feasibility study which determined that the...
- Sports centre closure delay to aid transfer bid. // Regeneration & Renewal;6/28/2010, p15
The article reports on the decision of the city council in Leeds, England, to postpone the planned closure of a sports centre pending a decision on transferring the facility to a community enterprise.
- Liverpool over the moon with stadium design. // Building Design;7/27/2007, Issue 1781, p3
The article highlights the launch of asymmetric designs for a stadium at Stanley Park by the Liverpool Football Club in England. The designs were created by the U.S.-based architect HKS. The scheme was submitted for planning to Liverpool City Council and would have a capacity of 18,000 more than...
- Wichita OK's STAR Bonds for Sports Complex. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/7/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34009, p1
The article informs that the council of Wichita, Kansas City has agreed to issue 40 million U.S dollars in sales tax and revenue (STAR) bonds for the development of retail, athletic facilities and lodging. It informs that the bonds will be sold to Orix USA, a financial services firm, with...
- The stadium vote is in. Radke, Chuck // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/30/2000, Issue 322688, p3
Focuses on the vote of City Council members in Fresno, California to approve the construction of a downtown stadium. San Francisco Giants baseball team's signing of a two-year player development contract with Fresno Grizzlies; Cost of the construction.
- Media to City: Play Ball. deMause, Neil // Extra!;Oct2005, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p27
The article reports on the end of a civic battle over plans to build a combined NFL/Olympic stadium atop publicly owned rail yards on Manhattan's West Side. After a hard-fought lobbying campaign that saw more than $42 million spent on both sides, New York state assembly speaker Sheldon Silver...