A.G. Edwards Hires Father and Son For New Seattle Public Finance Office
- KANSAS: Top Five Rankings in 2003. // Bond Buyer;2/10/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31818, p30
Lists the top five senior managers, issuers, financial advisers and bond counsel in Kansas in 2003. George K. Baum; USB Piper Jaffray; Citigroup; UBS Financial Services; A.G. Edwards.
- Four bankers join George K. Baum. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/23/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30774, p32
Reports on investment banking firm George K. Baum & Co.'s recruitment of four public finance bankers to expand coverage of its specialty areas and maintain regional strength. Background information on James Matsumori, Preston Kirk, Steven Harris, and Jan Schorr.
- Samuel A. Ramirez, George K. Baum Bulk Up With New Hires. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/6/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31629, p6
The article reports that Samuel A. Ramirez & Co. Inc. and George K. Baum & Co., two of the Southwest region's top investment banks, recruited people to their teams. George K. Baum has hired Beth Siville as a first vice president for its national housing finance group in the Denver home office....
- IRS, Pennsylvania Health Agency Settle. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;7/6/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31919, p4
Reports on the Northeastern Pennsylvania Hospital and Education Authority's closing agreement with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to settle an audit of variable-rate demand revenue bonds issued in 1996 for the All-HEALTH pooled financing program. Protection of the tax-exempt status of...
- School District Struggling to Rebuild Reserves Post Tornado. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/9/2015, p40
The article discusses the highlights of a state audit on the financial condition of the Joplin, Missouri School District released March 3, 2015. Topics include the impact of the May 2011 tornado on the current fiscal struggles like school damage, decreased property values, and tax increment...
- A.G. Edwards' High Hopes. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;07/07/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30677, p1
Reports on A.G. Edwards Inc.'s objectives in hiring James Preusch as its public finance manager in Los Angles, California. Preusch's duties and career history; Preference for transportation financings; A.G. Edwards' business dealings with the Port of Los Angeles and Orange County.
- Top 10 E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;3/9/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33076, p27
The article offers news briefs related to public finance in the U.S. Bank of America Corp. has completed its round of job cuts in offices throughout the country. George K. Baum & Co. is set to open an office in Minneapolis, Minnesota and launch a national health care business. The financial...
- Exodus From Legg Mason Continues. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/7/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32212, p1
Reports that A.G. Edwards & Sons Inc. (AGES) had lured 12 public finance bankers, including Legg Mason Inc.'s (LMI) former co-head of public finance, to join the firm. Capitalization on the discontent and uncertainty of public finance professionals regarding the future of the capital markets arm...
- George K. Baum's Russell Brown to Retire for Trust Role. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/19/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31536, p31
Reports on retirement plans of public finance executive of Kansas City, Kansas-based investment banking firm George K. Baum & Co. Russel Brown. Reason given by Brown to accept chairmanship of Harry J. Llyod Charitable trust after retiring from George K. Baum; Comments from chairman of George K....