Munis Stuck in a Narrow Range; FOMC Hikes Rate 25 Basis Points
- Interest rates and bond yields. // Economic Indicators;Oct93, p30
Presents interest rates and bond yields in the United States covering the period 1984 to 1994. United States Treasury security yields; High grade municipal bonds; Corporate bonds; Prime commercial paper; Discount rate; Prime rate charged by banks; New-home mortgage yields; Data gathered by the...
- BMI VIEW. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/2/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 16, p3
Presents economic updates worldwide as of August 2004. Information on South Korea's interest rates; Growth status in Thailand; Amount of the foreign bond issue of China; Highlights of the economy of Peru.
- State government 'bonds' with lower rates. Miller, Valerie // Las Vegas Business Press;6/30/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p7
Examines the impact of the low interest rate environment in southern Nevada on the economy of the state. Use of proceeds from the sale of transportation bonds for highway repair and construction; Likelihood of additional savings from the sale of Highway Improvement Revenue Bonds; Reluctance by...
- An Empirical Study of Bank Loan Officersï¿½ Functional Fixation on Agricultural Co-operatives and their Reported Earnings. Sands, Desley; Auyeung, Pak // Accounting Forum;Dec2001, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p353
There has been a long held perception of bias against Australian agricultural co-operatives in the debt capital market. This perception may be attributable to the possibility that bank loan officers are functionally fixated on the reported earnings of co-operatives and on an entity type in...
- Interest rates and bond yields. // Economic Indicators;Nov94, p30
Presents a chart and graph of interest rates and bond yields in the United States from 1984 to 1994. Source.
- Jamaica: The Latest S&P. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/16/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 42, p11
Reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's to lower the long-term sovereign local currency credit rating of Jamaica. Negative outlook on the domestic currency rating; Interest rate terms of Jamaica's public debt; Forecast for the fiscal deficit in fiscal year 2003-2004.
- Bond Index. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/2/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p45
Presents information on the bond index in the United States as of June 2003. Interest rate; Selected commodity prices.
- An Empirical Test Of The Brennan-Schwartz Bond Pricing Model In The Australian Context. Chiarella, Carl; Mackenzie, David; Pham, Toan M. // Asia Pacific Journal of Management;Dec1990 Special Issue, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p1
This paper presents an empirical test of some aspects of the Brennan and Schwartz arbitrage bond pricing model. Specifically it evaluates the assumed discrete version of the joint interest process for the short and long rates by estimating it for a series of sample periods under varying market...
- John Redwood: What do you do with a bond portfolio in an era of rising interest rates? // Fundweb;1/23/2014, p14
In this article the author comments on how to protect bond portfolios with rising interest rates. The author suggests to move bond portfolio away from lots of long-term bonds that do not repay for years. It further discusses various options for running a portfolio which includes buying floating...