No Relief For Real-Time Abusers
- Actual savings from electronic bond trading hard to
quantify. Crawford, Gregory // Pensions & Investments;4/19/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p28
Electronic trading platforms, which already handle 30% of U.S. fixed-income trading, will conduct nearly 60% of all domestic bond trading by the end of 2007, a new Celent Communications study says. The U.S. fixed-income marketâ€”U.S. Treasury securities, government agency securities,...
- Go Lower for Yield? Depends How You View the Spreads. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;02/23/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30584, p6
Describes the investment strategies used by portfolio managers to compensate for the relatively low absolute yields on municipal bonds. Lack of supply across the board due to fierce competition for both high-yield and high-grade paper; Purchase of more lower-rated bonds; Moderate widening of...
- Scant new issues draw some buyers to hospital sector. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;04/20/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30623, p11
Focuses on the scarcity of new issues in the municipal bond market in the United States, as of April 1999. Impact on the portfolio managers' buying power; Information on the bonds issued by the Colorado Health Facilities Authority and Montgomery County in Maryland.
- Muni Prices Up, Yields Down as Treasuries Rebound After Sell-Off. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;7/25/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32181, p2
Reports on the market performance of municipal bonds according to the U.S. Treasury Department. Ability of the market to rebound after a sharp sell-off; Rise of yields between five to seven basis points; Impact of China's decision to revalue its currency on the bond market.
- Riding the Market's Wave. Fine, Jacob; Albano, Christine; Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;07/17/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30933, p1
Reports on the performance of the United States municipal bond market in the second quarter of 2000. Municipal bond mutual funds; Success of high-yield managers; Short-term focus on income; Neutral-interest rate outlook; Portfolio management strategies.
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;6/24/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31663, p6
Presents statistics about the bond market as of June 24, 2003 in the United States. Variation in Bond Market Association Municipal Swap Index during May 2002-April 2003; Comparison of swap rates and bond yields.
- N.Y. Issuers Dominate This Week. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;6/25/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33736, p1
The article reports on the dominance of New York issuers in the municipal bond market as of June 25, 2012. The week's largest deals from New York included a 1.1 billion dollars deal from the New York State Thruway Authority, a 1 billion dollars issue from the Metropolitan Transportation...
- Arnold To Bond Market: Hi, Yield. Birger, Jon // Money;May2004, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p28
Arnold Schwarzenegger is doing his part to pump up the municipal bond market's scrawny yields. At his urging, California voters approved a March referendum to sell $15 billion in general-obligation bonds. That plugs a huge hole in California's budget--and creates an opportunity for some bond...
- FIXED INCOME: Strategies benefit from shift in global risk outlook. Clair, Chris // Pensions & Investments;5/12/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p11
High-yield bond strategies drove fixed-income returns in the first quarter of 2003, according to PIPER, a manager of performance databases owned by the newsletter 'Pensions & Investments.'This marked a reversal of fortune for both high-yield bond managers, which struggled through most of 2002,...