Going Long: Seattle Monorail Aims To Go Beyond 40-Year Maturities
- State aid approved for railway rolling stock. Gough, John; Vosman, Quintus // Modern Railways;Apr2006, Vol. 63 Issue 691, p64
Reports on the approval by the European Commission of a proposal by the Czech transport ministry for financial aid for modernising the rolling stock fleet in the Czech Republic. View of the commission on the proposal; Possible effect of the proposal on the country's rail transport sector.
- A Thirst for Bonding. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;9/5/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31713, p1
Informs that the Honolulu Water Supply Board is moving ahead with preliminary plans for floating $100 million of revenue bonds in winter of 2003 to build water desalination plant in Oahu, Hawaii. Revelation that a ground blessing ceremony for the plant that will desalinate groundwater was held...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;6/6/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32147, p4
Presents a chart depicting â€œThe Bond Buyerâ€ legislative status reports in the U.S. Legislation; Current law; Proposed law.
- N.Y. Lawmaker Calls for Halt to Arena Deal. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;12/23/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33238, p4
The article reports on the call of the New York lawmaker to close its deal to finance the construction of Atlantic Yards basketball arena in Brooklyn. It stresses the need of the issuer to sell the bonds by the end of 2009 due to changes in the rules of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS). A...
- Got Milk Bonds? Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/14/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32319, p29
The article reports that Dallam County Commissioners have approved a plan to accept applications for low-cost loans to be funded by an as-yet -undetermined amount of bonds to expand milk-based businesses in Texas. The bonds would be repaid with money from the federal government. The county has...
- Milwaukee County Board Agrees To Back Bonds for Midwest Airlines. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/28/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31686, p6
Reports on the plan of Milwaukee County board in Wisconsin to financially help Midwest Airlines by guaranteeing outstanding industrial revenue bonds. Amount of bonds; Provisions under the agreement between board and airlines; Numbers of members who approved the measure to help airlines.
- Chapter 33: The Seligman Family. // Jewish Heroes & Heroines of America;2004, p72
The chapter features the Seligman family, a Jewish family in the U.S. who obtain financial aid for the Civil War. The Seligman brothers were able to break the no credit wall when a branch of J.&W. Seligman and Co. sold over $200 million worth of bonds. As a result of being able to sell the U.S....
- United Way makes call for applications. // Free Press (Buda, TX);1/21/2009, Vol. 105 Issue 42, p3C
The article reports that the United Way of Hays County (UWHC) accepts applications from health and human services agencies that are interested in seeking for funding from UWHC for the 2010 funding cycle.
- Austin's $575B Bond Plan Leaves Room for Light Rail. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/17/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33716, p8
The article reports on the alternative plan of an Austin, Texas volunteer bond committee, which recommended 575 million dollars for the November 2012 ballot, to include up to 250 million dollars of general obligation bonds for an urban rail project championed by re-elected Mayor Lee Leffingwell.