- Deal for Jail Psych Unit. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;6/29/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31915, p31
Reports on the plan of the local government of Bernalillo County, New Mexico to sell revenue bonds to build a mental health unit at the city county jail.
- After Previous Success, Mayo Clinic to Convert Rest of ARS. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/14/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32856, p4
The article reports on the conversion of Mayo Clinic's $200 million of auction-rate securities (ARS) in Rochester, Minnesota. The decision was made after the health care system was pleased with the pricing results of its sold $500 million of new-money, refunding and restructured bonds. It will...
- Seattle-Area Health Group Preps GO Sale. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/26/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31997, p1
The article reports that faced with the need to accommodate growth in the Evergreen Hospital Medical Center's service area in the Seattle suburbs, the King County Hospital District 2 is selling $120 million of general obligation bonds this week. The bonds, with Citigroup Global Markets Inc. as...
- California Health District to Issue $250 Million of GOs in December. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/30/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32764, p58
The article reports that the Palomar Pomerado Health District in California plans to issue $250 million in general obligation bonds (GO) in December 2007. The initiative will mark the second issuance from a voter-approved $496 million GO bond authorization in 2004, after an $80 million GO issue...
- Surveying Troubled Sector, Analysts Perceive a Definite Pulse. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/18/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31183, p29
Reports the financial status of the health care sector in the United States. Increase in the prices for hospital bonds; Evaluation of the performance of the health care bonds market by financial analysts; Factor contributing to the performance of heath care bonds.
- Deal in Focus: Off Life Support, N.H. Hospitals Raising Record Capital. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31268, p40
Reports on the decision of the New Hampshire Health & Higher Education Facilities Authority to sell its uninsured bonds. Purpose of the sale; Value of health care and education bonds sold by the authority in 2001; Rating awarded by various U.S. rating agencies to the bonds.
- As Sector's Gloom Lifts, Maryland Hospitals Jump to Issue Debt. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;11/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31270, p6
Focuses on efforts of Maryland health care facilities to issue bonds and take advantage of favorable financial conditions. Financial conditions that hospitals expect to exploit; Revenue bonds sold by the University System of Maryland in a day; Plans for which bond proceeds are earmarked.
- Lakeland, Fla., Health System Readies $60 Million Issue. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/18/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31430, p30
Reports on the plan of Lakeland Regional Health Systems to sell hospital revenue bonds in Florida. Use of the proceeds of the sale; Underwriter of the bonds; Issuance of the bonds on parity.
- Newly Appointed Okla. Bond Council Meets Amid Ongoing Legal Conflicts. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/3/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31484, p5
Reports the consideration of the bonds for projects ranging from power plants to health care facilities in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Factors affecting the pending bond issues; Accounts on the unconstitutionality of the bond approval process.