Bond calls & redemptions
- Lawyers question legitimacy of issuers' use of put option. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;03/09/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30346, p1
Discusses the dispute over bond issuers' use of a put option. Bond attorneys' claim that investment of advance refunding violates the tax law; Focus that US Internal Revenue Service and the Securities and Exchange Commission have put on issuers; Description of how put options work.
- Bond calls & redemptions. // Bond Buyer;01/26/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30565, p22
Presents information on municipal bond calls and redemptions in the United States. Issuers; Amounts; Call dates.
- Bond calls & redemptions. // Bond Buyer;10/27/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30260, p18
Lists municipal bond calls and securities redemptions in the United States as of October 27, 1997. California; Colorado; Georgia; Hawaii; Illinois; Iowa; Maine; New Jersey; New York; Texas; Virginia; Washington.
- Bond Calls & Redemptions. // Bond Buyer;02/27/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31085, p17
Presents information on bond calls and redemptions in three states in the United States. Amount; Dated date; Due date; Call date.
- Bond Calls & Redemptions. // Bond Buyer;03/29/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30859, p22
Reports on calls and redemptions for municipal bonds in the United States as of March 29, 2000. Underwriters for the bond issues; Issuers of the bonds; Status of the bonds.
- Bond calls & redemptions. // Bond Buyer;12/23/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30546, p20
Features a chart of municipal bond calls and redemptions in the United States as of December 23, 1998. Amount; Dated and due date; Call date; Status.
- Taxing decisions. Turner, Shawn A. // Crain's Cleveland Business;5/30/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p13
The article discusses the investment strategy for a high net worth investor, an individual with more than $1 million in liquid assets. Most investment strategies for high net worth clients are designed with taxes in mind. To offset the tax issue, municipal bonds might be an answer. A number of...
- Munis Slip Ahead of Bernanke's House Premiere. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;2/15/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32320, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bonds in the U.S. Expectations for a more rate hikes from the federal market is likely to push through due to the weakening of the municipal bonds. The tax-exempt has continued to attract support from the lack of supply. Demand for tender...
- FLORIDA: Berkshire Cat Fund Put OK'd. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/7/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32435, p9
The article reports that State Board of Administration in Florida voted to spend $224 million to purchase a put option from Berkshire Hathaway Inc. Under terms of the put option, Berkshire guarantees to purchase up to $4 billion of tax-exempt bonds issued by the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe...