- Rating changes. Yong Lim // Bond Buyer;10/23/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30506, p28
Lists rating changes in several municipal bonds in the United States as of October 23, 1998. Name of issuer; Type of bond; Amount; Change of rating; Name of rating agencies; Basis of the changes.
- Pennsylvania Leads Small Volume Surge With $950M. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;4/16/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33697, p28
The article reports on the 950 million dollars of general obligation (GO) bonds which is expected to action in Pennsylvania on April 17, 2012, rated by Standard & Poor's as Aa1 and Fitch Ratings as AA-plus.
- Ratings agencies to re-evaluate muni bond criteria. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;08/23/99, Vol. 65 Issue 34, p7
Reports on the plans of leading bond ratings agencies to re-evaluate the criteria given to municipal bonds. Views on the criteria of the bonds; Impact on the re-eveluation on the performance of the bonds; Details of the planned criteria change.
- S&P to Insist Muni Issuers Quantify Exposure to Variable-Rate Debt, Swaps. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31320, p26
Reports that rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. has announced its plan to ask municipal bond issuers to quantify their exposure to variable-rate debt and interest rate swaps in a standardized manner in its effort to refine its credit rating process. Reason why it will be difficult for some...
- Moody's Boosts $415 Million Sold for Charlotte-Douglas Airport to A2 From A3. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/11/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32525, p48
The article reports on the move of Moody's Investors Service Inc. to upgrade the $415 million debt sold for Charlotte-Douglas International Airport. The revised rating is A2 assigned by the rating agency. The said upgrade is based on the airport's strong financial operations and the strength of...
- WASHINGTON: King County Keeps Its Crown. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/12/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32732, p9
The article reports on the rating affirmations of the three agencies on King County, Washington, including Standard & Poor Corp., Fitch Ratings Ltd., and Moody's Investors Service Inc. King County executive Ron Sims said that he is proud of the policies and their outstanding budget and finance...
- SOUTH CAROLINA: S&P Lifts North Charleston. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/28/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32950, p7
The article reports that the general obligation bond rating of North Charleston was upgraded to AA from AA-minus by Standard & Poor's Corp. in South Carolina. The city's appropriation-backed debt was also raised to AA-minus from A-plus. The upgrade is due to the city's steady growth and...
- S & P Downgrades Maine GOs to AA. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;5/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31894, p4
Reports on the negative ratings issued by the United States-based financial rating firm, Standard & Poor's Corp., on the general obligation bond of Maine. State's weak liquidity position; Plan of the state to sell annual general obligation bond; Anticipation for the Fitch Ratings decision on the...
- After Nine Months of Nail Biting, Moody's Affirms Virginia's Aaa. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31894, p64
Reports on the affirmation of the positive rating given by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to the general obligation bonds of Virginia. Triple A rating of the state's general obligation bonds; Implications of the positive ratings on the state's finance; Rationale behind the decision to affirm the...