Investors & investing
- Managers turn to spring cleaning; focus is on secondary. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;04/30/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30631, p9
Reports on the performance of money market funds in the United States as of April 30, 1999. Expected outflows from accounts; Primary market offerings.
- Players try to stay short while fund outflows continue. Mercurio, Stephanie // Bond Buyer;02/18/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30832, p8
Reports on trends in the money market funds market in the United States, for the week ending February 15, 2000. Concerns of managers on the continuing fund outflows; Losses of tax-free funds during the period; Movement of daily and weekly rates.
- News in brief. Koning, Rachel; Siegel, Gary; Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;01/03/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30799, p2
Reports on the volatility of the money market funds market in the United States at year-end 1999. Rates on daily and weekly papers; Factors contributing to the volatility of the market; Poor performance of the tax-exempt money market funds; Daily money market fund flows.
- U.S. funds in black during 2[supnd] quarter. // Pensions & Investments;8/18/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p6
All 459 corporate, foundation/endowment and public funds in the Russell/Mellon U.S. Master Trust Universe had positive performance in the second quarter of 2003. The median fund returned 11.2% for the three months ended June 30, the strongest median return since the fourth quarter of 1998,...
- Moody's, Citing Rates, Sees Tax-Free Influx Continuing. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/25/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32078, p6
The article reports that in a week when tax-free money market fund assets rose to a new record level, Moody's Investors Service said it thinks the trend should continue. According to a report, more investors' wealth should be heading into money market mutual funds and away from bank deposits as...
- Cashing Out. Morgan, John // Bank Investment Consultant;May2009, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p12
The article reports on the plan of some investors in the U.S. It notes that some investors are moving their cash off the sidelines into equities based on the study conducted by the Investment Company Institute. It mentions that the total retail money market fund assets fell from $1.340 trillion...
- Top 10 Growth Funds. // Money Management Executive;10/27/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 42, p4
Presents a chart from Lipper Analytical Services on the top ten growing funds through September 29, 2003.
- Tax-Free Yields Jump 12 Basis Points. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;1/28/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32059, p6
The article reports that the tax-free money market funds' average yield has raised 12 basis points to 1.23% on an annualized basis, as their assets climbed by $1.5 billion. The net inflow bumped the overall size of the funds up to $324.69 billion. Taxable funds, meanwhile, had a $9.42 billion...
- Money Fund Assets Rise To $3.454 Trillion. // Money Management Executive;3/24/2008, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p6
The article reports on the financial performance of money market mutual fund assets in the U.S. The Investment Company Institute asserts that total money market mutual fund assets have increased by $6.46 billion to $3.454 trillion as of the end of March 12, 2008. Moreover, the 7-day average...