N.Y.C. bar group floats disclosure rule, receives criticism
- N.Y.C. bar group rethinks part of disclosure proposal. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;12/03/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30532, p1
Reports that the ethics committee of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York is reconsidering a proposal to require public finance lawyers with firms that have offices in the state to disclose the political contributions they make. Proposal's requirement of public finance; Objection...
- The Law Business. Quade, Vicki // American Bar Association Journal;Oct83, Vol. 69 Issue 10, p1367
Discusses ways on how U.S. state and local bar associations can aid lawyers in managing their business firms. Development of a task force that will teach a general practitioner on how to use a computer, how a small office can afford equipment and the best ways to make money; Sponsorship of a...
- Strength in networking. Morgenstern, Barbara L. // ABA Journal;Feb95, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p83
Focuses on the Sole Practitioner/Small Firm Section of the Atlanta Bar Association. Referral network system; Attitude and relationship of members; Strategies used; Motivation.
- Get Tips, Year's Worth of CLE Credit. // Indiana Lawyer;11/18/2015, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p15
The article offers information on the Survive & Thrive 2015 program for solo and small law firm practitioners of the Indianapolis Bar Association on December 9, 2015.
- 'SEE NO EVIL, HEAR NO EVIL, SPEAK NO EVIL'--DEVELOPING A POLICY FOR DISCLOSURE BY COUNSEL TO PUBLIC CORPORATIONS. Higginbotham, F. Michael // Journal of Corporation Law;Winter82, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p285
Develops a policy for disclosure by counsel to public corporations in the U.S. American Bar Association policy and case law concerning corporate lawyers' duty of disclosure; Disclosure policy and the Kutak Commission's proposed revisions to the code of professional of professional...
- N.Y.C. bar group may propose disclosure rule for lawyers. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;11/12/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30519, p1
Reports that the Association of the Bar of the City of New York is expected to propose a rule requiring all municipal finance lawyers practicing in New York state to file reports with the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board and the state's Office of Court Administration. Disclosure of all of...
- Law firms and the ABA: A partnership of service. // ABA Journal;Jul84, Vol. 70 Issue 7, p138
Reports on the partnership between law firms and the American Bar Association (ABA) to support public service activities. ABA support towards public service activities; List of firms and their public service projects; Implications to lawyers and the practice of law.
- ABA panel stands pat on nonlawyer firm ownership. // Journal of Business (10756124);4/26/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 10, pB2
The article reports that the American Bar Association's (ABA) Commission on Ethics 20/20 will not propose changes to ABA policy that prohibits nonlawyer ownership of the law firms.
- HCBA raises professionalism for students. // Florida Bar News;9/15/2013, Vol. 40 Issue 18, p20
The article offers information on the diversity networking event organized by the Hillsborough County Bar Association (HCBA) for educating the attendees about the benefits of embracing professionalism and inclusion in the legal profession.