Audit throws independent Texas college's future into question
- Texas Southern undergoes state audit. Evelyn, Jamilah // Black Issues in Higher Education;06/25/98, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p8
Reports that Texas Southern University will undergo state audit to determine if its leaders are making progress in solving its problems. Background on school's troubles.
- IRS Has Drafted Three Initial Audit Letters to Send Issuers. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;05/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31147, p1
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's drafting of initial audit letters to municipal bond issuers that will describe the nature of any audit they may about to undergo. Issuers' petition for more information which led to the drafting of the letters; Filings required from...
- Florida's new auditing standards should flag hot spots. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;07/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30180, p27
Reports on external auditing standards for Florida's local governments which should protect municipal bond investors. Rationale behind and events which prompted the new rules; Addressing three issues about oversight of and procedures for independent audits; Explanation of accounting methods to...
- Texas Southern University Regains Investment Grade. WILLIAMSON, RICHARD // Bond Buyer;8/5/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33362, p7
The article reports that the credit of Texas Southern University, Houston, Texas has been restored to investment grade by Moody's Investors Service Inc.
- Correction. // Bond Buyer;8/9/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33363, p2
A correction to the article on the bond rating of the Texas Southern University in Houston, Texas that was published in the August 5, 2010 issue is presented.
- Texas Southern gets funds, earmarked for black males. // Jet;11/2/92, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p8
Announces that Texas Southern University (TSU) in Houston has received $1 million from Houston Endowment Inc. The funds are earmarked for the school's innovative Black Male Initiative (BMI). Details of BMI program; Component of TSU's Center on the Family; Program's focus; Comments from...
- TSU prexy axes band after shoplifting scandal during trip to Japan // Jet;1/11/93, Vol. 83 Issue 11, p33
Announces that Texas Southern University (TSU) President Dr. William H. Harris disbanded the Ocean of Soul Marching Band after at least a dozen of the band members were involved in a shoplifting scandal while the band was touring Japan. Comments from Harris; Disciplinary actions taken against...
- Texas Southern saves money with 'residential' claim. Nyren, Karl // Library Journal;8/1/1985, Vol. 110 Issue 13, p21
Reveals that Texas Southern University in Houston has saved money for a dormitory renovation project by having the U.S. Department of Labor reclassify the project from 'commercial' to residential.
- TEXAS SOUTHERN FOOTBALL FALLS SHORT ON APR SCORES. // Journal of NCAA Compliance;Jul/Aug2012, p3
The article reports that the below average scores in the academic progress of the Texas Southern University football team, urged the university to be out of the 2012 postseason games in North Carolina.