Ohio Senate approves school funding vote
- WASHINGTON: Yes, It's Us Again. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;3/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31340, p35
Reports on the presentation of multi-million dollars high school bond measures with voters by the Auburn School District in Alabama. Failure of the voters to pass a similar measure; Estimated percentage of the approval rate for measure in the election; Advice of other measure by a citizen...
- California voters prove cooler toward school district... Jacobius, Arleen; Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;11/06/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30268, p7
Reports that in California, school bonds got a cooler reception from voters in November 4, 1997's election, when a record number of districts asked for approval of financings. Number of school bonds which failed and passed; Factor attributed to the lower success rate in school bonds; Number of...
- Hays educators rally for next bond round. Nelson, Beth // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);11/8/2006, Vol. 103 Issue 30, p3
This article reports on the approval of the Hays CISD bond proposal by voters in an election in Hays County, Texas. Statement from Hays CISD Superintendent Kirk London about the issue is presented. The number of votes for the approval of the school bond is indicated. The school bond covers the...
- $26 million school bond decision in hands of voters. WALKER, JAMES // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);10/22/2014, Vol. 141 Issue 44, p1A
The article focuses on the voting in the Burnet Consolidated Independent School District (BCISD) over the decision of a 26 million dollar bond package.
- Californians to vote on huge education bond. Johnston, Robert C. // Education Week;09/09/98, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p26
Reports that Californians will be expected to tender a vote as to the validity of an education bond in that state, following failed attempts of policymakers in California, to establish a school construction bond. Date voters are expected to go to the polls; Response of California Governor Peter...
- Mo. School Threshold Movement Heats Up. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/25/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31064, p3
Reports on the launch of a petition drive by supporters of a Missouri constitutional amendment to lower the threshold of voter approval needed to pass school district general obligation bond issues.
- School bond issue deserves â€˜yesâ€™ vote. // Journal of Business (10756124);2/13/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 4, pA4
Editorial. Comments on issues related to school bonds in Spokane, Washington. Impact of the bond issue on taxes; Need for a voter approval in the implementation of the school bond issue; Identification of projects funded by the bonds.
- Not willing to wait for the bubble to break. Bales, Bryce // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);10/25/2006, Vol. 103 Issue 28, p5
The article presents facts related to the use of bond promotion in order to attract audiences during extended voting at schools in Texas. The percentage of bonds that can address capacity is mentioned and information on the existence of nonresident teachers and school administrators is...
- Take Note. Hurst, Marianne // Education Week;7/11/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p3
Reports on the failure of the voting machine to count the community votes on whether to pass a school bond measure in Whitney Point, New York. Number of residents that came out to vote; Amount of the bond measure; Alternative method used by the district to get the community's opinion.