St. Paul deal cements funds for proposed hockey arena
- Teams lose in houston and St. Paul, win in San Antonio. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;11/4/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30762, p16
Reports that voters in San Antonio, Texas, approved on November 2, 1999, a proposed municipal bond issue to help finance an arena for the San Antonio Spurs basketball team. Voters' rejection of similar proposals in Houston, Texas, and Saint Paul, Minnesota.
- Private investors, healthy economy help developers fund sports arenas. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;05/28/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30402, p1
Reports on the factors causing sports arena developers in the United States to bypass the municipal market when searching for financing for their projects. Wall Street's growing comfort with securitizations; Bond issuers' expansion into the private sports facility area; Favorable economic trends.
- Sports dome managers' tenure could prove costly to St. Paul taxpayers. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;08/05/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30450, p3
Reports on Miller & Schroeder Financial Inc.'s plan to ask the city of Saint Paul, Minnesota to cover June 1998's $230,000 debt service payment after dome revenues fell short. Implications for taxpayers if the dome's financial woes continue; Bond rating issued by Standard & Poor's.
- Provo, Utah Offering for Women's Hockey Arena Is of Olympian Complexity. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;09/18/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30481, p30
Reports on praises for the financing plan for completing a new arena for women's hockey in time for the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, Utah. Profile of the municipal bond to be issued by the Municipal Building Authority of Provo City, Utah; Lease revenue payments from private entities;...
- Arena Deal Bounces Back. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/18/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31287, p1
Reports on the financing of basketball and hockey stadium by the Houston Sports Authority through the sale of revenue bonds in Harris County, Texas. Deals for the sale of bonds; Insurance of bond issues by Municipal Bond Insurance Association.
- Tacoma Dome Vote. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;7/22/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32180, p33
Reports that the Tacoma City Council this week has voted unanimously to put a general obligation bond issue to upgrade the Tacoma Dome in Washington. Worth of the bond issue.
- Orlando's $772M Development Plan. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/26/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32495, p1
The article reports on the plan to issue tax-exempt and taxable bonds to support Orlando, Florida's plan to build three community venues estimated to cost $1.04 billion. It discusses the use of bond proceeds, private contributions and other funds to construct an arena to host the National...
- The Superdome Deal: Fixing the Roof and Raising the Spirits. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/28/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32539, Special section p22
The article reports on the presentation of the Bond Buyer's 2006 Southeast Deal of the Year award to the Louisiana Stadium and Exposition District's (LSED) sale of $294 million bonds to repair the Louisiana Superdome. It describes the structure of the deal. Tim Coulon of the Louisiana Stadium...
- ARIZONA: Bonding for Baseball Eyed. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/30/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33140, p9
The article reports on the plan of senators to consider a bill that would establish a sports development district with the authority to issue tax-exempt bonds for baseball spring training facilities in Pima County, Arizona. It states that the bill would allow voters to increase tourism and...