States weigh mass transit Garvee debt
- Miami-Dade Ponies Up for Transit. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/16/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32900, p1
The article reports that Miami-Dade County in Florida will put a $271.6 million worth of transit system sales-tax revenue bonds in a competitive offering. The bonds, which will be sold on June 17, 2008, are rated A-plus by Fitch Ratings, A1 by Moody's Investors Service and AA by Standard &...
- San Mateo County, Calif.'s hefty transit sale helped by timing, name value. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;11/13/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30520, p29
Reports on the plans of the San Mateo County, California, Transit District to approach the market to sell limited-tax debt. Transportation projects to be financed by the deal; Expectations on bidder and buyer interests in the deal; Structure of the deal.
- N.Y.'s MTA Eyes $2.3B In '06 Debt. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;1/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32304, p1
The article reports that the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) of New York City is planning to issue bond refunding deals to save on debt service and manage interest rate exposure. The bonds will be split into fixed-rate and floating-rate securities. Seventy-five percent will be backed...
- WISCONSIN: RTA May Vote on Sales Tax. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/3/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32540, p25
The article reports on the voting possibility of the Wisconsin Regional Transit Authority on the second week of January 2007 to ask for state legislative approval to give southeastern counties authority to consider a sales tax for a commuter train line and to change how the agency pays for its...
- Chicago Area Transit Agencies Fight Over Bonding Powers. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/30/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34004, p1
The article reports that the Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) of Illinois has asked to centralize and expand borrowing powers for Chicago area transit needs as bond issuance by the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) in Illinois is costly. It informs that RTA board chairman John Gates has...
- DEW Deal Has Tricky Tax Issues. DePaul, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;4/9/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33693, p1
The article reports on the tax issues concerning the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) ruling that permits the Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) International Airport to release bonds worth one million dollars. It states that the ruling will determine the advantages of bus and airport train system in...
- Funding for Newly Approved Transit Plan May Fall to Michigan Localities. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/26/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31252, p3
Reports on the possible incidence of funding for the seven-county local transit plan SpeedLink approved by the Southeast Michigan Council of Governments on local governments of Detroit, Michigan. Benefits of the plan; Plans of Citizens Research Council of Michigan to issue a report on ways to...
- Rail plans chug along. Walsh, Dustin // Crain's Detroit Business;Fall 2010, Vol. 26 Issue 35, p21
The article presents information on the funding provisions of Southeast Michigan's mass transit projects.
- Pro-Transit Groups in Indiana Seek $2.5 Billion Expansion Plan. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;11/11/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33415, p24
The article reports on the effort of the transit advocates to push the high-profile regional transportation plan that features 2.5 billion dollar mass-transit expansion in Indiana.