- NABL Reviews Opinion. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/19/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31040, p1
No abstract available.
- NABL calls for guidance on electronic bidding, Web sites. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/16/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30769, p5
Reports on the National Association of Bond Lawyers' adoption of an annual business plan. Development of guidance on legal and other issues from electronic bidding of municipal bond issues; Identification of issues from primary and secondary market disclosures; Drafting of a position paper.
- NABL Looks to Congress to Put the Tax Onus on Issuers. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;06/05/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31153, p4
Reports that the National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL) is hoping that the United States Congress will enact legislation to make issuers ultimately responsible for tax law violations. Support for the proposal of the NABL.
- APC audit guideline on debenture trust deeds - official material. // Accountancy;Oct82, Vol. 93 Issue 1070, p5
Reports that the British Auditing Practices Committee has published an exposure draft on auditors' reports to trustees under the terms of debenture and loan stock trust deeds. Duties of auditors; Description of debenture trust deeds.
- Orlando Expressway Agency Urged Not to Pursue Case. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/26/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32742, p3
The article reports that attorneys and bond counsel for the Orlando-Orange County Expressway Authority recommended against the pursuance of a court case, where the agency sought the right to collapse an escrow on defeased bonds in California. Joseph Passiatore disclosed that there's no...
- Lawyers Show Support for Electronic Bond Disclosure. Hume, Lynn // Securities Industry News;09/27/99, Vol. 11 Issue 38, p12
Reports that lawyers in a technology panel at the National Association of Bond Lawyers' annual Bond Attorney's Workshop have given their support for electronic bond disclosure in the United States. Obstacles in the electronic reproduction of bond transcripts; Calls for electronic disclosure in...
- NABL: Issuers May Be Able to Bid on Own ARS. Ackerman, Andrew; Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;2/29/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32826, p1
The article reports on the notice issued by the National Association of Bond Lawyers in the U.S. According to the article, the notice stressed that municipal issuers are allowed to bid on their auction-rate securities without incurring any violations in the securities laws as well as addresses...
- Scott: Transparency in Deals Fends Off IRS Actions. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;9/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32220, p7
Reports on the capability of bond lawyers to avoid Internal Revenue Service enforcement action and referrals to the agency's Office of Professional Responsibility by keep their deals transparent in Chicago, Illinois. Role of the bond counsel in maintaining the types of records kept by tax...
- Miami case distresses bond lawyers. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;09/24/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30733, p1
Reports on issues related to the United States Securities & Exchange Commission's enforcement action against Miami, Florida, for alleged violations of federal securities fraud laws in its 1995 bond issues, addressed during a panel discussion at the National Association of Bond Lawyers' annual...