- Places and Faces. // Engineered Systems;Nov2002, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p98
Presents news briefs related to activities of companies in the building automation industry in the U.S., as of November 2002.
- LEEDING THE WAY. Hydes, Kevin R.; Hyde, Rosamund // Canadian Consulting Engineer;Aug/Sep2003, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p44
Examines the growing importance of the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System to engineers in the U.S. and Canada. Credit categories of the LEED system; Value of the LEED system; List of LEED buildings in Canada.
- weather report September 2002. // Engineered Systems;Nov2002, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p42
Presents the weather conditions in the U.S. for Septemeber 2002 and how building engineers can deal with the changes.
- Industry News. // Engineered Systems;Nov2002, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p98
Presents news briefs related to the building automation industry in the U.S., as of November 2002.
- Be Prepared for Post-Sandy Health and Safety Risks. Nyman, Jack; Wolf, Howard // Buildings;May2013, Vol. 107 Issue 5, p90
The article presents questions and answers related to buildings including the health risks posed by increasing heat and humidity in hurricane-damaged commercial buildings, the types of materials vulnerable to microbial growth and signs that electrical equipment is damaged to pose a fire risk.
- Farmhouse Showcases Environmental Features. // Environmental Design & Construction;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p20
Reports on the features of the showcase environmental building The Farmhouse in Boulder, Colorado.
- LEED for Existing Buildings Enters the Pilot Phase. von Paumgartten, Paul // Environmental Design & Construction;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p42
Reports on the development by the U.S. Green Building Council of its Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) for Existing Buildings. Evaluation based on sustainable sites; Operating performance measures of the building.
- The Prerogative and Environmental Control of London Building in the Early Seventeenth Century: The Lost Opportunity. Barnes, Thomas G. // California Law Review;Nov70, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p1332
Focuses on the environmental control of buildings in London, England in the early seventeenth century. Common Law tradition; Quality of the buildings; Management of dwellings.
- Radiant walls for everyone, part 2. Eatherton, Mark // Contractor Magazine;Nov2002, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p34
Focuses on the use of radiant walls for residential space heating. Advantages of using radiant walls; Guidelines for installing radiant walls.