Another Application for Cement Galoshes
- Look hear. Vaugh, Dennis // New Statesman & Society;2/3/95, Vol. 8 Issue 338, p33
Criticizes the acoustics of London's auditoriums. Requirement in floating the sound; Problem with the visual training of architects; Speed of sound; Uniting the Lyceum, Coliseum, Theatre Royal and the Royal Opera House; Best setting for Mozart's Re Pastore; Salzburg Festival.
- Melody maker. // Building Design;10/1/2004, Issue 1644, p22
The article presents an interview of Larry Kirkegaard, the person behind the acoustic makeover of the Royal Festival Hall, London, England. A well-designed concert hall, says Kirkegaard, is one where the musicians feel warmth and have a sense of their environment. This experience should be...
- STILL TALKIN' IN THE KITCHENâ€¦. Brennan, Tom // Fire Engineering;Jan2006, Vol. 159 Issue 1, p234
This article presents information on the author's fire service experiences. The author highlights operations that support aggressive structure firefighting. The author suggests that for interior operations that have located itself below the roof enclosure in case of a fire, there is only one...
- The sacred vent. Ballanco, Julius // Plumbing & Mechanical;Dec2015, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p30
The article discusses the misconception related to plumbing venting. Topics discussed include high pressure drainage piping system, how fast the pressure neutralizes to atmospheric pressure in quick-closing valve, belief of several persons regarding entry of air through roof, solar industry, and...
- Top-down precooled natural ventilation. Chenvidyakarn, T.; Woods, A. // Building Services Engineering Research & Technology;Aug2005, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p181
This paper studies the summertime regime of precooled natural ventilation of an auditorium or other occupied open-plan space equipped with a high-level vent and a low-level vent. A chiller unit is connected to the high-level vent to provide precooling. Fresh air from the exterior comes into the...
- Test 146. // Engineered Systems;Jul2002, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p12
Presents an engineering design test for an auditorium application with central air conditioning unit and baseboard radiation. Heating medium; Ambient noise levels; Discharge air reset control schedule.
- Adjustable acoustics. // Futurist;Mar1998, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p11
Introduces the acoustic system called CARMEN which developed for sound systems of auditoriums by engineers of the Scientific and Technical Building Center of France. Components of the acoustic system; How the system works; Other features of the system.
- Cool-Colored Roofs. Buckley, Rachel Reiss // Home Energy;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p12
The article features several cool-roofing products in the U.S. The Solution Manufacturers have now developed dark-colored pigments for roofing materials with sunlight reflecting ability. American Roof tile Coatings have now manufactured cool coatings for retrofit tiles. Another manufacturers,...
- Training Notebook. // Fire Engineering;Nov2005, Vol. 158 Issue 11, p18
The article presents some pros and cons to removing asphalt shingles over a peaked roof prior to cutting operations. It is important to understand the type of roof support system being dealt with while discussing peaked-roof ventilation. The age of peaked roof determines the likely method to be...