Maintaining Makeup-Air Units
- Equipment surfaces and other factors. Keller, Jerry // Beverage World;08/15/2000, Vol. 119 Issue 1693, p82
Provides information on some factors to consider in cleaning industrial equipment. Composition of the equipment; Discussion on the four methods of cleaning; Environmental restrictions regarding cleaning materials and compounds.
- The marketing edge. Cross, Jeff // Cleanfax Magazine;Feb2009, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p6
The author reflects on issues faced by the carpet cleaning industry during the economic crisis. He mentions that on the CM/CleanfaxOnlineâ„¢ Bulletin Board, discussions were sometimes on the slow economy and simple survival while in other times, equipment maintenance issues are the topic of...
- Have you changed your oil lately? Armel, Anne // Process Heating;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p6
Discusses maintenance of heat processing equipment. Attitudes of companies; Design of machinery; Anecdotes.
- NED'S TIPS FOR IMPROVING YOURSELF. // New Equipment Digest;Aug2002, Vol. 67 Issue 8, p10
Presents resources for industrial product maintenance. 'Overall Equipment Effectiveness,' by Robert C. Hansen; ''Facility Manager's Guide'; '2002 National Construction Estimator,' from the Craftsman Book Co.
- Maintaining profits. Hernan, Patrick // Pit & Quarry;Feb96, Vol. 88 Issue 8, p20
Reports that manufacturers worldwide stress the cost-saving importance of routine maintenance of industrial equipment to ensure profits. Maintenance of equipment; Instructions of equipment manufacturers; Value of diligence in routine maintenance. INSET: Get a better bite from bucket teeth..
- Stop breakdowns before they happen. // Pit & Quarry;May96, Vol. 88 Issue 11, p34
Describes an effective heavy equipment maintenance program. Planned maintenance; Programmed maintenance; Preventive maintenance; Points to remember when deciding which equipment to purchase; Evaluating a company's technical environment; Doing research on possible technical improvements.
- Predicting equipment breakdowns. // Futurist;Mar/Apr93, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p8
Emphasizes the need for equipment predictive maintenance in industries. Condition-monitoring; Spending vibration sensing; Oil-debris analysis; Sales increase.
- Lean, mean processing machines. Fickes, Michael // World Wastes;Oct97, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p32
Offers advice on setting up and implementing an efficient industrial equipment maintenance program. Scheduled preventive maintenance; Scheduled/unscheduled repairs; Planned retrofit works; Staff size; Recommendations by Nat Egosi, president of the independent design/build contractor that was...
- Maintenance management tools stop dollar drain. Andel, Tom // Transportation & Distribution;Sep96, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p63
Focuses on the use of computer-based management tools for solving damage brought about by poor maintenance of industrial equipment. Basic purpose of maintenance management tools; Comment by Cary Gambrell, industry marketing manager with JD Edwards; Features of the Maintenance Logic System from...