Air-Door Air-Stream Adjustments
- Commissioning Air Doors. Morris, Brad // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Feb2005, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p51
Offers a look at the process of commissioning air doors. Definition of responsibilities for the commissioning process; Safety measures in the installation of air doors; Aspects in the operation of the air door.
- Specifying air curtains for savings and performance. Johnson, David // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Apr2009, Vol. 45 Issue 4, Special section p18
The article focuses on the air curtains which provide a controlled stream of air across a building entrance or doorway to separate interior and exterior environments. They can provide low-first cost and low total cost of ownership for entrances, loading doors and other applications. In addition,...
- Ducting and weaving: New standards ends confusion. Steel, Andrew // Heating & Ventilating Review;Oct2012, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p18
The article offers information on British Standard EN 15780:2011 Ventilation for buildings -- Ductwork -- Cleanliness of ventilation systems. The standard for cleanliness levels in ductwork, in force since April 2012, aims to clearly define goals to be achieved by those tasked with ventilation...
- S Lessons Learned: Underfloor Air. // Buildings;May2013, Vol. 107 Issue 5, p86
The article offers tips for buildings with underfloor air systems including maintaining a temperature stratification of 2-4 degrees, adjustment of thermostat temperature setpoints to account for cooler temperatures near the floor and review of airflow quantities.
- CLEANROOM: Variable Airflow Desing. Sakraida, Vince // Engineered Systems;Apr2012, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p36
The article discusses the factors to be considered in designing a cleanroom that has a good variable airflow. It is inferred that a good variable airflow provides a reliable cleanroom particulate levels and space pressurization differential. The variables of a cleanroom design are described...
- Neutralise the dangers of dirty ductwork. Ling, Darren // Heating & Ventilating Review;Feb2011, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p27
The author discusses the importance of cleaning a building's ventilation system to meet the TR/19 Guide to Good Practice, Internal Cleanliness of Ventilation Systems of the Heating and Ventilating Contractors Association (HVCA). He explains the common problems in pre-commission cleaning of new...
- Where you live determines what you have. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/06/97, Vol. 202 Issue 6, p19
Examines key issues in choosing heating and ventilation system for buildings. Influences of economy and climate; Use of combination systems; Options resulting from new technology.
- Swedes Put Their Bodies into Green Heat. // Sustainability: The Journal of Record;Jun2010, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p138
The article reports on a method discovered by Swedish engineers to warm up public buildings using human body heat.
- Improving Operating Room Contamination Control. WAGNER, JENNIFER A.; SCHREIRER, KEVIN J.; COHEN, RALPH // ASHRAE Journal;Feb2014, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p18
The article discusses the differences in air delivery between semi-conductor manufacturing cleanroom and operating room (OR) designs, and explores how using the single-large diffuser (SLD) configuration can significantly reduce the incidence of airborne contaminants reaching the patient in an...