CODES & STANDARDS
- TIME AND PLACE. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);7/20/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 29, pP29
A calendar of meetings of trade associations in Las Vegas, Nevada is presented, including the Northern Voices Toastmasters, the Las Vegas Southwest Rotary Club and the U.S. Green Building Council.
- Raised-Floor Environments for offices, schools, and data centers. Beaty, Donald // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Aug2004, Vol. 76 Issue 8, p0
Focuses on the design and construction of access floors so that the heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) system is not adversely impacted. Reason behind the need to assess the cost metrics of raised floor environment; Implication of the application of raised floors in commercial...
- fyi INDUSTRY BRIEFS. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;9/28/2009, Vol. 238 Issue 4, p1
The article offers news briefs related to the heating and ventilation industry in the U.S. A new manufacturing and distribution location is opened by Lindab Inc. Ralph Howard was appointed as vice president for the specialty brands of Grainger PLC. The Building Owners and Managers Institute...
- Greenbuild: At Risk of Alienating HVAC Crowd? HOLDER, TRISH // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Jan2013, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p10
The article discusses the 2012 Greenbuild International Conference and Expo held on November 14, 2012, in San Francisco, California. It discusses opposing of companies which accelerate mountaintop coal removal slaughtering green spaces. It also mentions that U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)...
- Carrier First HVAC Factory to Get LEED Gold Certification. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/18/2011, Vol. 242 Issue 16, p4
The article announces that the heating and ventilation firm Carrier Corp. has received the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold certification by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) for its commitment to environmental sustainability.
- LEED v4 water reduction on HVAC systems. Green, Bill // Water Technology;Aug2014, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p38
The article discusses the cooling towers in the Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) cooling system as a source of water reduction. Topics include functionality of a cooling tower, technologies that have been developed to increase water recycling in the circulating system such as...
- Save energy by integrating lighting controls, HVAC systems. LACY, DOUGLAS; GRIMM, SHAUN // Plant Engineering;Apr2014, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p62
The article focuses on the integration of lighting and the heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) control systems aimed to conserve electrical energy. It mentions that with the stringent rating system on energy consumption by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), the integration of the...
- Commissioning solves operational issues, saves energy. KUMAR, SUSHIL // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Mar2014, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p43
The article presents a case study of the U.S. Green Building Council's LEED Energy and Atmosphere that requires fundamental commissioning HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) system. It states the addition of new chiller plant and air handlers to the building. It further discusses...
- USGBC gets ANSI accreditation. // RSI: Roofing, Siding, Insulation;Feb2007 Supplement, p15
The article reports that the U.S. Green Building Council has been accredited as an official standards developing organization by the American National Standards Institute.