Driving Cutting-edge Protection
- Audio and Video Solution Deters Crime at Subaru Dealer. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr2015, p126
The article reports on the importance of audio and video security system in preventing crimes in Subaru automobile dealer company Bill Kolb Jr. Subaru. Topics discussed include the insights of information technology (IT) manager James McVoy of Bill Kolb Jr. Subaru regarding the prevention of...
- Access keypads: A good system fit. Colombo, Allan B. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan1999, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p67
Highlights the importance of the keypad of an outdoor access control system. Excellent control over physical access at a relatively low cost; Tips on how users can make their outside keypads more secure from public viewing; Two camps of thought about the security of such access devices.
- Access Control -- Beyond the Basics. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2002, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p31
Focuses on the use of access control systems by security dealers in the United States. Disadvantage of access control systems; Quiz regarding access control systems; Installation of request-to-exit motion detector and program.
- What's Wrong With This? // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2002, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p31
Presents a question regarding the installation of an access control system for security. Generation of force event; Response of access systems to forced events; Program on access system.
- Central vs. Distributed. Embree, William B.; Wicks, Sean // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jun2003, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p32
Explores the need to understand the differences between central and distributed architecture when implementing an access control system. Advantages and disadvantages of centralized and remote or distributed architecture; Technical capabilities of communication protocol; Example of centralized...
- ACCESS CONTROL: IT'S HOT! McNichols, Shawn // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2001, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p3
Focuses on the access control market in the security industry. Introduction of the 'MarketBuzz,' special section in the 'SDM Marketplace,' periodical; Focus of the September issue of the periodical on the home automation market; Contact information for comments, inquiries and contributions to...
- Protecting Your Assets. McNichols, Shawn // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2001, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p27
Focuses on convergence of access control and asset protection in the United States. Description of access control; Applications of asset protection; Implication of the convergence for security and information technology departments; Types of asset protection systems.
- Optical, mechanical turnstiles: Tools for security enhancement. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul98, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p21
Looks at the two kinds of turnstiles that are used to monitor or control who goes in and out of facilities, namely the mechanical turnstiles and the optical turnstiles. Features; Innovations; Advantages; Uses.
- Facility Security: Access Systems--Part 1. Rosenberg, Paul // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;May2000, Vol. 99 Issue 5, p70
Part I. Focuses on access control systems' use of keypads, magnetic card readers or proximity readers to secure a facility. Electronic access systems; Identification means; Controllers.