Building Princeton's Defense
- EM24 Monitors SNMP Technology. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2002, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p24
Announces the ability of EMERgency 24 Inc. to monitor simple network management protocol devices for security and home automation dealers and providers in the United States. Basis on a client/server computing model; Installation of devices on electrical or mechanical systems; Advantage of...
- SNMP ALG PROTOCOL SEQUENCE ANALYSIS FOR INTRUSION DETECTION SYSTEM. PARAMESWARI, D.; SURESH, R. M. // Journal of Theoretical & Applied Information Technology;2010, Vol. 17 Issue 1/2, p80
Network technology smooth the progress of communication system in a sophisticated manner at the same time it braves are increased from the huntsman. In communication process, user's connectivity, violations of policy on access of information are handles through intrusion. Intrusion prevention is...
- Secure Network Management within an Open-Source Mobile Agent Framework. Pashalidis, Andreas; Fleury, Martin // Journal of Network & Systems Management;Mar2004, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p9
Mobile agents (MAs) have been proposed for decentralized network management. This paper explains how Aglets, a Java open-source MA framework, not a proprietary system, can be used for security-enhanced network management, complementing the security of the Simple Network Management Protocol...
- Study of Vulnerabilities in Wireless Local Area Networks (WLAN). Dhull, Suman; Singh, Jatinder // International Journal of Educational Administration;2010, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p727
The article offers information regarding the vulnerabilities in wireless local area networks (WLAN) including authentication vulnerabilities, access control vulnerabilities, and system network management protocol (SNMP). It states that authentication mechanism vulnerabilities which was presented...
- Object-oriented network management development. Mellquist, Peter E.; Murray, Thomas // Hewlett-Packard Journal;Apr97, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p59
Describes SNMP++ and SNMPGen, the two management-side tools for networking management. How SNMP++ provides Simple Network Programming Protocol (SNMP) services to network management application developer; Definition of SNMPGen; Ease-of-use features by the SNMP.SNMP++ internal mechanisms;...
- SNMP. // Hewlett-Packard Journal;Apr97, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p60
States that the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) is the most popular system and network management protocol. Purpose of designing SNMP; The Structure of Management Information (SMI) specifications.
- SNMP and SNMPv2: Are they viable? Munden, Scott // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Aug95, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p49
No abstract available.
- SNMP Version 2: Not so simple. Henderson, Frank // Business Communications Review;May95, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p44
Focuses on Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) software. Features of SNMP's first version; Limitations of SNMP's first version; SNMP version 2's attempt to resolve SNMP's limitations. INSET: Beyond SNMP..
- SNMPv2--we hardly knew ye. Erwin, Jeff // Business Communications Review;May95, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p46
Features Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) version 2. Features and functions; Comparison with SNMPv1; Reasons why SNMPv2 failed to get consumers' approval.