Spotting the Suspicious
- Working With Our Neighbors All Over the World. Mueller III, Robert S. // Vital Speeches of the Day;8/15/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 21, p645
Presents a speech by U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Director Robert S. Mueller III, delivered to the InfraGard 2005 National Conference, Washington, D. C., on August 9, 2005. Information on what the FBI is doing to protect U.S. national infrastructure from crime and terrorism; Value...
- ARE YOU WANTED BY THE FBI? Phillips, Bruce E. // U.S. Black Engineer & Information Technology;Dec2005/Jan2006, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p18
The article presents information on employment opportunities available in the U.S. Federal Bureau of Intelligence (FBI). The FBI has been the bastion of Special Agents using the most recent in crime-solving technology to catch bad guys and protect citizens. Today, the mission of the FBI includes...
- Senate cuts FBI in order to fight `social crime'. // Human Events;10/20/95, Vol. 51 Issue 40, p23
Reports on the Senate's adoption of an amendment to the Fiscal 1995 Commerce-Justice-State appropriations bill to increase appropriations for social crime prevention programs and offset the amount by cutting Federal Bureau of Investigation funding. Debate between traditional liberals and...
- FBI's Safe Streets program is still alive in Puerto Rico and USVI. Guadalupe-Fajardo, Evelyn // Caribbean Business;7/19/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 29, p31
Reports on the continued implementation of the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation Safe Streets crime prevention program in Puerto Rico and the United States Virgin Islands despite congressional scrutiny. Outline of the program that targets violent crime and drug-trafficking; Reason...
- The FBI Creates a Terrorist Plot, Then "Thwarts" It. KATTENBURG, KATHY // Moderate Voice;11/28/2010, p10
A blog related to the claims of the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) to have foiled a terrorist plot is discussed.
- Unreal Reaction To Terror Plot. EDABURN, PATRICK // Moderate Voice;11/28/2010, p11
A blog related to the public reaction on the terrorist plot thwarted by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is discussed.
- Preparing for a new war order. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;09/30/96, Vol. 12 Issue 37, p33
Reports on the explanation made by a senior US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) official on the transfer of 500 agents to the FBI's counterterrorism unit. Efforts to bulk up the force in the event of simultaneous terrorist attacks.
- FBI stepping up insurance anti-fraud activities. Haggerty, Alfred G. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/11/93, Vol. 97 Issue 41, p9
Reports on the Federal Bureau of Investigation's (FBI) increased efforts to step up war on insurance fraud. FBI's building of partnerships with the insurance industry; Need for cooperation in the investigations and prosecutions.
- PROACTIVE POLICING: THE KEY TO SUCCESSFUL CRIME PREVENTION AND CONTROL. Stephens, Gene // USA Today Magazine;May2001, Vol. 129 Issue 2672, p32
Discusses the value of proactive policing as the key to successful crime prevention in the United States. Obstacles to crime prevention; Crime report from the Federal Bureau of Investigation; Technologies for crime control; Objective of the community-oriented policing movement.