Crews Must Pass ID Checks, Too
- Airport authority nears reality. Daly, Pete // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/1/2015, Vol. 33 Issue 22, p1
The article reports on a legislation that will be voted by the Michigan Senate which will establish the regional airport authorities to manage local airports' business operations such as at the Gerard R. Ford International Airport (GFIA).
- Detroit Metro Airport. // AirGuide Online.com;3/1/2010, p9
The article reports that after Christmas Day terrorism attempt Detroit Metropolitan Airport is defending the airport security and assured that its services are standard and keeping the passengers safe.
- Picking on pockets. // Supply Management;7/23/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p50
The article reports on the practice of bribery as a tactic used by the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, Nepal. It mentions that based on the increasing complaints on bribes demanded by staffs in the airport, the county's Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority...
- United States: airport security officials pat down, strip search women. Douglas, Carol Anne; Verma, Priya; Goktepe, Katherine; Nixon, Laura; Harris, Jen Chapin // Off Our Backs;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 35 Issue 1/2, p8
Reports on the instruction given by the Transportation Security Administration to airport security officials to more frequently pat down pat down those they believe could pose security threats including women in the U.S. Consideration of bulky clothes or jewelry that sets off alarms at...
- Are Friendly Skies the Safest Skies? Cherry, Sheila R. // Insight on the News;01/01/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p18
Looks at security hazards of air travel associated with undertrained airport-security screeners in the United States (U.S.). Amount of firearms and explosive devices confiscated by airline-security screeners from 1990 through 1999; Performance of the screeners at detecting test objects...
- 5 Five-Minute TECH QUIZ. Nelson, Ron // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2006, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p41
A quiz concerning wireless security systems is presented.
- Manage Large Card Holder Databases. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jan2011, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p50
The article offers brief information on Access Control's two door controller.
- Untitled. // New Yorker;2/16/1976, Vol. 51 Issue 52, p120
An excerpt is presented from an article in "Fort Smith Southwest Times Record" about the problem of building a better alert system on a Monday.
- Overload and Fuzzy Alarms. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Dec2003, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p66
Looks into the techniques used to maximize dispatch and response personnel in the security systems industry in the U.S. Utilization of filtering; Importance of automating; Advantages in prioritizing.