FY2006 Budget To Seek More for IRS
- Make Your Taxes Less Puzzling. Feldman, Amy // Money;Mon2012, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p27
The article reports on five challenges which U.S. consumers frequently encounter when attempting to file their taxes and presents information that consumers can use to better understand tax preparation and to ensure that they are saving as much money as possible when filing their taxes. Changes...
- Tax Software 2008: A Big E-File Freebie. Arar, Yardena // PCWorld;Mar2009, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p25
The article presents information on various tax returns filing services and softwares. For user-friendly tax preparation and filing experience, there are softwares led by Intuit's TurboTax and its archival, H&R Block's TaxCut, both with renewed emphasis on the Web versions. For the frecbies, the...
- TAXMAN COMETH. // Newsweek;3/28/2005, Vol. 145 Issue 13, p57
Mentions ways taxpayers can increase the amount of their tax returns. Taking an extension in order to finish; The importance of proofreading your return.
- Substitute forms. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina // Accountancy;Apr94, Vol. 113 Issue 1208, p115
Reports on the availability of advance copies of the major 1994 tax return forms in Great Britain for professional bodies and software houses wishing to produce substitute forms. Requirement for approval of substitute return forms; Contact information.
- E-filings by tax professionals. // Practical Accountant;Jun99, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p18
Presents the electronic tax filings made by tax professionals in 1998 and 1999.
- E-filing strategic plan unveiled. // Practical Accountant;Feb2000, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p14
Predicts the growth of electronic filing of tax returns by the year 2007, according to United States Internal Revenue Service assistant commissioner of Electronic Tax Administration Robert Barr. Filing of paperless returns in 2000; Expansion of the agency's PIN pilot.
- The Outsourcing Option. // Practical Accountant;Nov2004, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p44
The article focuses on outsourcing of tax returns processing. Electronically shipping returns overseas and around the world for quick processing is a growing trend. SurePrep, one of the outsourcing vendors, offers an average turnaround time of 31 hours, with 99 percent of returns completed...
- DISCLOSURE AND SHARING OF TAX RETURN INFO. // Practical Accountant;Mar2008, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p9
The article offers information on the U.S. Treasury Department (T.D.) 9375 guidelines. The T.D. 9375 provides guidance over the disclosure and sharing of tax return information by preparers that would give taxpayers greater control. The highlights of the rule includes ther need of preparers to...
- Not Real Simple. Adelman, Ken // Washingtonian Magazine;Apr2006, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p33
Presents an interview with Max Weinberger, financial expert at Ernst & Young. Views on taxation in the U.S.; Reason behind the unintelligible characteristic of income-tax returns; Opinion on giving taxpayers a choice between the existing code and a simple flat tax.