ISM Index Slips To 56.4 in Jan
- Chinese manufacturing falls to 8-month low as slowdown continues. Jackson, Gary // Fundweb;3/24/2014, p13
The article reports decline in the China's manufacturing activity to an eight-month low. Financial services company HSBC Holding PLC co-head of Asian economic research and chief China economist Hongbin Qu states that the HSBC Flash China Manufacturing PMI for March suggests that China's growth...
- Forecast 2003: Higher commodity prices, higher food cost. Barone, John // Nation's Restaurant News;12/16/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 50, p11
Reports on the financial forecast of the prices of commodities for the year 2003 in the U.S. Increase in the prices of soybean oil; Maintenance of the overall food cost at acceptable levels; Trend of the prices of poultry products.
- Rainfall, demand keys to 2014 commodity outlook. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);1/2/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p1
The article presents information on the 2014 projections by Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Service economists for commodities produced in Texas and mentions factors affecting crops, like drought and rainfall, projections for cotton prices and grains.
- Experts forecast 2015 commodities trends. Dewey, Charlsie // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/14/2014, Vol. 32 Issue 41, p5
The article reports on the Commodity Trends 2015 Outlook event held at Western Michigan University in Grand Rapids, wherein experts from different sectors including metals, plastics, and packaging forecast commodities trends for 2015.
- Industrial Production in Germany: Recovery Only Gradual. Lucke, Dorothea // Economic Bulletin;Jul2003, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p229
This article presents a model-based prognosis for manufacturing industries in Germany, based on assumptions and framework data in the Spring Report of the Economic Research Institute, as of July 2003. The cyclical patterns of the incoming domestic and foreign orders to producers of intermediate...
- ISM Index Rises To 57.8 in Nov. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;12/2/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32021, p2
The article reveals that overall economy expanded for the 37th straight month in October, while the manufacturing sector expanded for the 18th time in as many months, the Institute for Supply Management reported yesterday. According to the ISM's monthly report on business, the ISM index...
- Wonder why economists rarely agree? Cantor, Martin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/14/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 51, p47A
Comments on several issues related to why economists have different opinions and forecasts on both current and future economy. Forecasts made by several economists on the economy of New York for 2002; Issues related to the growth pattern of New York State.
- Economist predicts widespread recovery. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;3/22/2010, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p10
The article discusses the views of economist Kris Bledowski on the U.S. economic recovery. Bledowski who works with the Manufacturers Alliance in Arlington, Virginia, predicts steady economic recovery from the year 2011. Bledowski states that the government data for the U.S. plastics product...
- Futurist focusing on economic crystal ball. O'Flaherty, Kristi // Fort Worth Business Press;03/10/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 46, p1
Profiles economist Don Reynolds of Texas. Specialization in economic forecasting; Personal background and characteristics; Detail on the influences on the economist's ability to predict economic situations; Importance of values in Reynolds' life. INSET: Reynolds' predictions for the coming...