ACA Taps Secondary Market Director
- ACA Hires Moody's Patrick Mispagel To Work With Underwriting Team. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;10/13/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32237, p6
Reports on the hiring of former rating analyst Patrick Mispagel as an underwriter at ACA Capital that covers credits on the East and West coasts in the U.S. Career background; Services of ACA; Educational attainment of Mispagel.
- Sidley Austin Brown Adds Bond Lawyers to West Coast Practice. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;8/30/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31314, p5
Reports the appointment of several lawyers in the Sidley Austin Brown & Wood municipal bond practice in Chicago, Illinois. Consolidation of Sidley and Austin in Chicago and Brown and Wood in New York; Implication of the merger for service deliveries; Public finance specialties of the firm.
- ACA Sales Chief Goes to DEPFA. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;4/19/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32114, p6
The article reports that Depfa Bank PLC has hired Steve Schrager, former head of regional sales at ACA Capital as a managing director and head of investor relations to work in its financial guaranty operations. Schrager will begin in his new position on May 9, 2005, said Michael Freed, global...
- People and posts. // People Management;08/08/96, Vol. 2 Issue 16, p10
Announces the appointment of directors in different companies. Marc Birchenhough's appointment as director of human resource development for computer firm ICL; Reason why Gareth Evans, county training manager at Monmouthshire County Council is leaving the profession; Appointed personnel director...
- Selecting new directors. Leighton, David S.R.; Thain, Donald H. // Business Quarterly;Summer93, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p16
Presents guidelines for choosing corporate directors. Traditional method and its flaws; Steps to selecting better directors; Role of the nominating committee.
- CEOs and directors seek help to build better boards. // Corporate Board;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 13 Issue 73, p28
Reports on the study showing that chief executives are increasingly turning to executive search firms for assistance in selecting directors who bring relevant experience to the board. Comment by Gardner W. Heidrick, chairman of the Heidrick Partners Inc.; Reason for the trend.
- Directors' register. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 15 Issue 87, p31
Lists results of board elections in United States companies for the month of July 1994. AT&T Capital Corp.; Ashland Oil Inc.; Burlington Industries inc.; Chris-Craft Industries; Cigna Corp.; Cooper Tire & Rubber Co.; DPL Inc.; Eaton Corp.; Exabyte Corp.; Foamex International; Genrad Inc.;...
- Proposed: A governance `monitor'. Latham, Mark // Corporate Board;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 18 Issue 106, p23
Proposes a `monitoring intermediary,' an independent firm that recruits the slate of corporate directors and monitors results. Causes of investors' `short-termism'; Protection of the right of small shareholders; Result of big investors' activism.
- CEO and chairman post separated at more large U.S. companies. // Corporate Board;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 18 Issue 106, p27
Reports on uncertainty in the compensation of chairman of the board and chief executive officer (CEO), positions that are separately occupied in most large United States companies. Value of having a non-CEO chairman; Payment of corporate director.