Real Time Has Market Eying Risks, Rewards
- Indexes Mixed as Intermediate, Long End Mostly Resist Technical Correction. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/3/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32331, p36
The article reports on developments in the U.S. bond market for the week ended March 3, 2006. Municipal market strategist at Popular Securities Inc., Evan Rourke assesses the performance of municipal markets for the week. The Commerce Department has reported a 10.2 percent decline in durable...
- Most Yield Indexes Rise Thanks to Monday's Data-Prompted Sell-Off. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/5/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32375, p35
The article discusses on economic data pertaining to the performance of municipal bond market during the week ended May 5, 2006 in the U.S. Evan Rourke, a municipal market strategist at Popular Securities Inc., cited that the municipal market has continued to decline but due to the good supply...
- Revised Nonfarm Data Pushes Most Weekly Indexes Higher. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/10/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32506, p44
The article reports on the role of the revised September 2006 nonfarm payrolls data in the rise of the weekly yield indexes in the U.S. bond market on November 4, 2006. According to Evan Rourke, the municipal market strategist at Popular Securities Inc., the bond market saw a curve-flattening...
- Yields Narrowly Mixed in 'Bifurcated Week'. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/3/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 32, p9
The article reports on the move of Evan Rourke, manager of Eaton Vance Corp., to evaluate the performances of municipal bonds in the U.S. in 2010.
- Despite Abundance of New Supply, All Indexes Decline During Week. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/1/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32519, p6
The article reports on the decline in the weekly yield of the indexes of the periodical "Bond Buyer" in the week beginning November 26, 2006, with an upsurge in the primary market supply of municipal bond market and followed Treasury gains. Evan Rourke, municipal market strategist at Popular...
- Municipals Finish Little Changed Amid Thin Supply, Real-Time Start. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;2/1/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32061, p2
The article reports that as the municipal bond market began realtime price reporting, bond prices finished little changed but some blocks got aggressive bids because participants continued to search for paper where they could park their money amid a lack of supply. Traders said some participants...
- Hot bond insurers go for new markets. Reinebach, Adam // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/12/98, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p20
Looks at new areas of opportunity for bond insurers in the United States. Performance of the financial guaranty industry in 1997; Expansion into structured finance; Percentage of municipal bonds insured by financial guarantors in 1997; Municipalities' growing awareness of the benefits of bond...
- Munis Stay Firm; Citigroup Prices $94 Million Florida County Deal. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;1/13/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31799, p2
Focuses on the increase of gains in municipal bonds with the advancement of the new-issue sector underwriters of Palm Beach County, Florida revenue bonds. Decline of the treasury yields; Factor affecting the interest rate outlook; Plan of the Federal Reserve Board to raise the federal funds rate.
- Highest percentage ever of new issues carried insurance in third quarter. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;10/26/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30507, p1
Reports that bond insurance penetration, the percentage of new issues that carried a private guarantee, soared to its highest quarterly level ever in the 1998 third quarter. Data from Securities Data Co.; Factors that kept insurance sales slightly outperforming overall municipal bond market growth.