Electronic Market-Maker Doubles CBOT's Futures Contract
- Issuers Set Record for Volume. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;1/3/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32290, p1
The article reports that over 408.18 billion of bonds sold in the municipal bond market in 2005 in the U.S. The reason for the increase is the relatively low interest rates and a flat yield curve. It was hypothesized that some state and local governments accelerated issuance when rates were...
- Munis Little Changed as Treasuries Go Negative on Strong Jobs Data. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31899, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the U.S. on June 4, 2004. Stability of municipal bonds; Impact of the May 2004 employment report on the Treasuries; Growth in the labor market; Impact of the growth of the labor market on interest rates.
- Volume Down Through End of 3d Quarter. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;10/1/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31981, p1
Reports on the decline in the volume of bond issues in the municipal bond market in the U.S. Impact of the rising interest rates on the bond issuance; Dependence of the magnitude of new issuance supply on the rate environment; Rates on 10-year high-grade bonds.
- Rising Interest Rates Take Their Toll. Fine, Jacob // Financial Planning;Aug2004, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p20
Reports on the decline in the municipal bond mutual funds in the U.S. during the second quarter of 2004. Net outflows of funds in May 2004; Percentage of total return loss posted for the quarter; Types of funds that were more successful in minimizing their declines; Sector that tends to be less...
- Fitch: Puerto Rico Holdings Small for Most Muni Closed-End Funds. // Bond Buyer;7/21/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34346, p1
Puerto Rico's longstanding and deepening fiscal challenges led most closed-end municipal bond funds (CEF) to reduce holdings of the debt of the commonwealth, protecting the majority of these funds from substantial negative effects, says Fitch Ratings.
- Hedge Funds, TOBs Enjoy Rapid Growth. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;5/17/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32134, p1
This article reports that hedge funds and tender-option bond (TOB) programs are playing an ever dominating role in the municipal bond market, dramatically altering the dynamics of underwriting and trading. The size of TOB programs and hedge funds in the municipal market has grown to roughly $100...
- Looking for the Next Big Thing? Check Out a Muni Hedge Fund. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;2/26/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31581, p1
Reports on collaboration between BlackRock Inc. and Merrill Lynch & Co. to start a municipal bond hedge fund entitled ML BlackRock Municipal Multi-Strategy Fund. Corporate profile of the companies; Benefits of the hedge funds for investors; Date of launching for the hedge funds.
- Munis' New Admirers. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;10/7/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31486, p1
Reports the interest of hedge funds investors in the municipal bond market in the U.S. Factors seen by the investors in the municipal bond market; Investment strategies used by the investors; Neutralization of interest rate risk by the hedge funds.
- Volume Keeps Climbing. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;8/1/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32186, p1
Reports on the increase in debt sales and year-to-date volume in the municipal bond market in the U.S. in 2005. Market and economic indicators; Benefits of low municipal bond interest rates in money borrowing and refundings; Market behavior of tender-option bond program buyers and municipal...