- RECOVERY WATCH. // Accountancy;Apr2011, Vol. 147 Issue 1412, p10
The article discusses results from the Purchasing Managers Index which showed a drop in the activity index from 54.5 in January 2011 to 52.6 the following month, with the service sector showing signs of weakening.
- China slide rattles global markets. Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business;1/11/2016, Issue 3987, p14
The article cites the contraction of the Caixin/Markit China Manufacturing Purchasing Managers Index (PMI) in January 2016.
- Chicago PMI Falls To 53.6 in June. // Bond Buyer;7/1/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32166, p2
Reports on the decline in purchasing managers' index in Chicago, Illinois.
- Chicago PMI Index Declined in June. // Bond Buyer;7/3/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32415, p6
The article reports on the decrease in the Chicago Purchasing Managers' Index (PMI) to 56.5 percent in June 2006 from 61.5 percent in May. According to economists surveyed by IFR Markets, the Chicago PMI would come in at 61.5 percent in July.
- U.S. Industry Quarterly Review: Paper & Packaging. // U.S. Industry Quarterly Review: Paper & Packaging;2003 2nd Quarter, p43
This article presents information regarding quarterly review of paper and packaging industry in the U.S. Containerboard demand has continued to remain weak into the second quarter of 2003. Weakness in manufacturing, even after the war in Iraq has ended, has lead little interest in new orders....
- Chicago PMI Drops To 58.5 in January. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;2/1/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32310, p7
The article reports on the decline of the Chicago Purchasing Managers' Business Barometer to 58.5 in January 2006 from 60.8 in December 2005. It was the 32nd month out of 33 when the index showed economic expansion as defined by the reading above 50.0 according to the National Association of...
- Slovakia: Slowdown Still In Play Despite Positive Indicators. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/2/2012, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p16
This article reports that leading indicators have pointed to slight reversal in the decelerating growth experienced by Slovakia over many months. The German Purchasing Managers' Index readings are cited as appearing to confirm the slowing deterioration in the index in December 2011. Several...
- Chicago PMI Rises To 52.4% In December. // Bond Buyer;12/29/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32538, p2
The article reports on the market performance of the Chicago, Illinois Purchasing Managers' Index (PMI) in December 2006. According to the Purchasing Management Association of Chicago, the PMI rises to 52.4% in December from 49.9% in November. Furthermore, it has been predicted by the...
- Eurozone PMI posts best quarter in 3 years as France picks up. Morris, Pamela // Fundweb;4/3/2014, p8
The article presents information on the growth in the purchasing managers' indices (PMI) in France. It states that the index started showing upward movement in March 2014 after a long period of decline. According to economist Chris Williamson, though France's econony is not in a very good...