Real Time Becomes Reality
- Canada Unprepared for STP, Study Says. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;9/29/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p14
Deals with the unpreparedness of Canadian investment companies and broker-dealers for straight-through processing (STP), according to a report released by the Canadian Securities Administrators in 2003. Gap between some organizations' perceived and actual states of STP readiness; Consolidation...
- CHARTVIEW: ELECTRONICALLY DRIVEN. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Oct2004, Vol. 33 Issue 13, p14
Reports on electronic trading volume at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange as of August 2004. Decline in open outcry trading; Share volume; Investors' view about the growth of electronic markets.
- Trading Shares in Milliseconds. Urstadt, Bryant // Technology Review;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 113 Issue 1, p44
The article focuses on the prevalence of automated high frequency trading in the U.S. financial system. It notes that automated trades made up about 30 percent in the market. It notes that high-frequency funds improve liquidity and public service. It cites that the Securities and Exchange...
- Testing your trading system. Salcedo, Yesenia // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;May2007, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p53
The article discusses several factors involved in the process of testing one's trading system's functionality. According to the author, in testing a trading system it is important to have an understanding of the scripting language that it uses as well as the type of data that it requires...
- Algo Trading Takes Strides in Asia. DePetris, Scott // Securities Industry News;6/2/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p4
The author addresses the structural and regulatory barriers to the widespread adoption of electronic trading in the Asia-Pacific markets. He cites the factors that placed electronic trading at the top of the agenda in the region. He considers the lack of regulations to electronic trading. He...
- Liquidnet, Enyx, SS&C and more... // Ai Trade News;2013, p1
No abstract available.
- Securities Operations: Update on Actions Taken to Address Day Trading Concerns: GAO-02-20. Hillman, Richard J. // GAO Reports;11/27/2001, p1
Concerns arose in the late 1990s about day trading, particularly the use of questionable advertising to attract customers without fully disclosing or by downplaying the risks involved. Concerns were also raised that traders were losing large amounts of money. Day traders as a group and day...
- TWO DIMENSIONAL DAY TRADING TECHNICAL STRATEGY FOR EQUITY, COMMODITY AND CURRENCY TRADING. Mokashi, Pravin // International Journal of Research in Computer Application & Mana;Jul2012, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p54
Intraday Trading has fascinated market participants all over the world. Successful traders consistently earn their living from day trading but masses continue to lose. This research paper attempts to provide a simple yet effective day trading strategy that could serve the novice as well...
- designated order turnaround (DOT) (US). // International Dictionary of Finance, 4th Edition;2003, p71
Information about designated order turnaround (DOT) (US) is presented. It refers to an electronic order-processing system on the New York Stock Exchange which enables members to place, for example, an order for stock that will be executed automatically.