- A change of plans. Mantone, Joseph // Modern Healthcare;3/28/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p18
Reports on the decision of Beverly Enterprises to auction the company after weeks of investigating ways to stave off a hostile takeover from a group of investors led by Formation Capital. Comments from William Floyd, chairman and CEO of Beverly, on the plan to make a bid for the company;...
- Dueling bids for Beverly. Mantone, Joseph // Modern Healthcare;8/22/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 34, p8
Focuses on mergers and acquisition issues involving Beverly Enterprises. Implication of the statement given by of William Floyd, chairman and CEO of Beverly Enterprises, during his announcement on the deal between North American Senior Care; Details on the deal offered by Formation Capital;...
- For the record. // Modern Healthcare;11/22/99, Vol. 29 Issue 47, p17
Presents several news items on health care. Bill by California Representative Fortney Stark on health coverage for children; Solutions to the increase in number of uninsured citizens of the United States; Resignation of the president and chief operating officer of Beverly Enterprises in Forth...
- HealthSouth's net income jumps 26% in fourth quarter. Rosa, Taina // Caribbean Business;3/22/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p34
Reports on the improvement in the profitability of HealthSouth Corp.'s Puerto Rico operations after their restructuring. Revenues and profits in 2000; Hospital expansion; Other medical services provided.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Healthcare. // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/13/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p58
Presents information about global healthcare underwriting volume as of January 6, 2003. Reduction in share prices of HealthSouth Corp.; Distribution of rheumatoid-arthritis drug Humira by Abbott Laboratories Inc.
- Managed-care pressures hit HealthSouth. Saphir, Ann // Modern Healthcare;10/05/98, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p4
Discusses the decline in the price of HealthSouth Corp.'s stock in October 1998. Comment from Frank Brown, an analyst at an investment banking firm; View of HealthSouth Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Scrushy on the stock-price drop.
- 'Now healthcare has its Enron'. Page, Leigh // Modern Physician;May2003, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p4
Discusses the concern of the physician partners of HealthSouth Corp. in HealthSouth ambulatory surgery centers (ASC) about the accounting scandal facing HealthSouth. Reason the physicians ended relations with HealthSouth, according to Doctor Steven Immerman; Amount that the U.S. Securities and...
- HealthSouth to open outpatient center in Guaynabo. Alfaro, Aura N. // Caribbean Business;11/25/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p27
Reports on the opening of HealthSouth's physical, occupational and psychological therapy outpatient center in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico. Description of the HealthSouth Rehabilitation Outpatient Center; Remodeling of the company's facilities.
- Scrushy faces new charges. Mantone, Joseph // Modern Healthcare;10/4/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 40, p9
Reports on the charges of perjury and obstruction of justice added to an indictment filed by the U.S. government against Richard Scrushy, founder and former CEO of HealthSouth Corp., in 2004. Plea made by Scrushy in the U.S. District Court in Birmingham, Alabama in response to the charges;...