Lehman's Fitch Move Draws Cheers
- Returns slip on index funds confounding some investors. Currie, Chet // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/15/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p42
Discusses the stock index funds. Need for some indexers to use some proxy for the market; Pitfalls of using popular market indices as investment benchmarks; Behavior of S&P 500 index fund; Suggestions for investors.
- Solid Demand Seen for Over $1B of Louisiana, Georgia GOs. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;9/18/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32468, p7
The article reports that traders and underwriters expect great interest among investors for two of the largest deals in the U.S. namely, Georgia's $579 million general obligation (GO) financing and Louisiana's $500 million GO sale. Moody's Investors Service, Standard & Poor's Corp and Fitch...
- The LBO Ratings Dance. MacFadyen, Ken // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/20/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 44, p9
The article discusses the difficulties faced by rating agencies in assessing takeover risks. Fitch Ratings Inc. and Standard & Poor's Corp. prefer to leave takeover risks ratings in the hands of the investors as they find it difficult to analyze especially on leverage buyouts (LBO). Meanwhile,...
- Memorial Health Raised. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;12/16/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32280, p33
The article reports that Fitch Ratings Inc. boosted its credit rating for $350 million of outstanding revenue bonds issued for Memorial Health Services to A from A-minus, with a positive outlook. The company affirmed its F1 short-term rating on Memorial's $150 million of variable-rate debt...
- Tacoma Power Affirmed. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31884, p33
Reports on the affirmation of the ratings given by Moody's Investors Service, Standard & Poor's, and Fitch Ratings for Tacoma's electric utility debt as the city prepares to sell electric system revenue bonds
- Fitch Investors Service. // International Dictionary of Finance, 4th Edition;2003, p108
Information on Fitch Investors Service is presented. It has association with Standard and Poor's Corp. ratings index.
- Huber to Buy CP Kelco JV from Lehman Brothers. D'Amico, Esther // Chemical Week;8/4/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 25, p8
Reports on the decision of J.M. Huber to acquire a stake in hydrocolloid producer CP Kelco from Lehman Brothers Merchant Banking Partners in 2004. Background on CP Kelco; Total debt of CP Kelco according to Standard & Poor's; Acquisitions made by Huber in 2003.
- Lehman to Start Using Fitch to Decide Muni Index Eligibility. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;5/27/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32142, p7
The article reports that Lehman Brothers Inc. is planning to begin using Fitch Ratings Inc. to help determine the eligibility of bonds for the Lehman Brothers Municipal Bond Index and evaluate their credit quality starting June 1, 2005. The move is part of a greater plan by Lehman to begin using...
- New inclusion in Lehman index cuts bond managers both ways. Calio, Vince // Pensions & Investments;2/21/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p6
The article reports that Lehman Brothers Inc.'s impending move to incorporate ratings from Fitch Ratings Inc. into its popular Aggregate Bond index could be both a blessing and a curse for core bond managers. Lehman crossover credits are already trading five to 10 basis points tighter since the...