Restructuring Likely To Pick Up in Europe
- Become solutions focused or perish. Ivey, Ian // NZ Business;Apr2005, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p4
Deals with the challenges faced by an international Australian-based group in the traditional metal-bashing sector in 2005. Changes implemented by the company; Effect of Chinese imports on the manufacturing base of the group; Criticisms on the business model used by the company.
- National Interests and Multinational Business. Fowler, Henry H. // California Management Review;Fall1965, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p3
The article discusses the conflict which can arise between multinational corporations and the national interests of a country. According to the article, both free world businesses and governments should be concerned with this relationship. Questions which the author feels need to be answered...
- SWOT Analysis. // Sumitomo Corporation SWOT Analysis;Oct2005, p5
Provides a business analysis of Sumitomo Corp., an integrated trading company with diverse interests in several industries, focusing on its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities for improvement and threats to the company. Strengths, including benefits derived from its strong global network and...
- Business Environment. // Australia Infrastructure Report;Q1 2011, Issue 1, p47
No abstract available.
- How Does the U.S. Economy Stack Up? Weidenbaum, Murray // USA Today Magazine;Jul2010, Vol. 139 Issue 2782, p10
In this article the author discusses the challenges facing the U.S. government in strengthening its position in international commerce. He believes that the government need to focus on factors that transcend political and business cycles including the continued growth of science and technology....
- International strategy: From local to global and beyond. Hitt, Michael A.; Li, Dan; Xu, Kai // Journal of World Business;Jan2016, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p58
To survive and thrive, multinational enterprises (MNEs) have had to adapt to dramatic changes and increasing complexity in the global competitive landscape over the past 50 years. MNEsâ€™ international strategies and the academic research on the various attributes and outcomes of these...
- Revenue, income up in 2nd quarter. Chamberlain, Janice // Kids Today;Nov/Dec2004, p44
No abstract available.
- Not So Bad, After All. // Saturday Evening Post;2/7/1931, Vol. 203 Issue 32, p24
Offers observation on the trade performance in the U.S. during the 1930s. Decrease in volume of the holiday trade; Percentage decrease in the volume of department-store trade.
- A hard fight for the service sector. Barnes, Scott // Accountancy;Jul2003, Vol. 132 Issue 1319, p66
The article focuses on the service sector of Great Britain and its prospects for long-term recovery. In the last two years the service industry has seen signs of weakening performance albeit in the last six months, there has been a hope that an upturn may materialize. Even the most optimistic of...