Upstarts Battle for Prime Brokerage Share
- FRACAS EXPOSES CRACKS IN INVESTMENT BANKING MARKET. Neville, Laurence // Global Finance;Feb2006, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p8
The article reports on a dispute between leading investment banks, UBS and Credit Suisse First Boston, regarding privatization mandates in Romania that threatens to damage the reputation of both. The dispute has highlighted the low fees emerging for initial public offerings which resulted to an...
- CSFB, UBS take steps to enlighten their sales forces. Santini, Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/5/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p9
Reports the cutbacks initiated by Credit Suisse First Boston and UBS Warburg in Wall Street. Specifications of the portfolio management planned by the companies; Support of Wall Street Stock Exchange Commission on the situation; Operations background of the companies.
- Algorithms Are Coming to More Brokers and Buyside. // Traders Magazine;Jan2005, Vol. 18 Issue 234, p20
The article reports that Banc of America Securities LLC and Credit Suisse First Boston Corp. are offering algorithms to other broker dealers. Both are pioneers in the application of computerized trading to the order flow of traditional money managers. Under the initiatives, the two competitors...
- Pipe Dreams. Molony, David // Total Telecom Magazine;Mar2005, p40
Focuses on the competition among telecommunication operators to launch digital television content services. Challenges being faced by telecommunication operators in showing growth in revenues from digital television; Estimated growth margins for broadband value added services according to...
- Say It in English! Please! Serwer, Andy // Fortune;11/8/1999, Vol. 140 Issue 9, p349
Focuses on the terminology of United States stock analysts and how it enables them to suggest they like or dislike a stock without jeopardizing their relationship with the company. Why some companies black-ball analysts that recommend people sell their stock; Rarity of recommendations to sell...
- Credit Suisse Trader Is Remembered. // Traders Magazine;Jun2003, Vol. 16 Issue 212, p24
Pays tribute to Credit Suisse First Boston Corp. securities trader Michael Patrick Beier. Career history; Civic involvement; Major accomplishments.
- CSFB Ready to Roll Out Revamped E-Platform. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;03/19/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p1
Reports the preparations of Credit Suisse First Boston for the release of Prime Trade 2, an automated trading system in the securities industry. Features of the system; Speculations on the impact of the company's merger with Donaldson Lufkin & Jenrette on the system release; Key improvements to...
- CSFB Launches Data, Analytics Offerings. // Securities Industry News;7/21/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p9
Reports that securities firm Credit Suisse First Boston Corp. (CSFB) has launched CSFB Data & Analytics service. Companies distributing the service.
- CSFB revamps mortgage unit once again. // Asset Securitization Report;12/15/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 48, p15
Reports on Credit Suisse First Boston Corp.'s reorganization of its operations. Appointment of three mortgage executives to oversee its mortgage and structured-product business; Plan to revamp the mortgage unit.