National City Said To Eye Keycorp
- Psst! Did you hear? Serres, Christopher // Crain's Cleveland Business;05/31/99, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p1
Discusses a persistent rumor about the plan of Cleveland, Ohio-based National City Corp. to merge with KeyCorp. Value of the combined assets of the bank holding companies; Theories on sources of the rumors; Stock performance as an indicator of an impending deal.
- Local banks offer geographic appeal in consolidating world. Prizinsky, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;04/20/98, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p3
Focuses on National City Corporation and KeyCorp with emphasis on consolidation in the finance sector. Identification of companies which merged; Effects of the BankAmerica and NationsBank deal; Comments made by Fred Cummings, bank industry analyst with McDonald & Company Securities in Cleveland.
- Moves to Part With Nonprime Units Provide Lift to Profits. Mazzucca, Tim // American Banker;10/18/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 200, p1
The article reports that National City Corp. and KeyCorp. have announced that their new focus on prime loans enabled them to release loan-loss reserves in the third quarter and gave their profits a boost. Statistics from both companies' earnings are discussed. Comments from company executives...
- Largest public companies. // Crain's Cleveland Business;5/27/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 21, pS-7
Presents a chart depicting earnings of public companies in Cleveland, Ohio. Market value of the National City Bank; Revenue at Progressive Corp.; Net income of KeyCorp.
- Tough sell. Valentine, Lisa // ABA Banking Journal;Apr2007, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p37
The article reports on the participation of Key Bank and National City Corp. in investment banking. Both banks are based in Cleveland, Ohio. According to the author, Key Bank is one of the few financial services providers in its market with integrated teams of commercial and investment bankers...
- Banking on a hit. Bullard, Stan // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p1
The article discusses the impact of the merger of Cleveland, Ohio-based KeyCorp with National City Corp., on the Ohio's real estate market. Describing the impact of the merger on the downtown office market, Kevin Piunno, managing partner of the Midwest Real Estate Partners says that it will be...
- THE BIG ISSUE. // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p11
The article presents the views of various people on the possible effect of the merger of National City Corp. and KeyCorp Ltd. on Cleveland, Ohio. Kari Disinger says that it would not be a good idea because a lot of people would lose their jobs. T.Y. Martin says that the merger would make the...
- Nat City ills revive talk of Key combo. Miller, Jay // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on the impact of merger between National City Corp. and Key Corp. on the economy in Cleveland, Ohio. Gerard Cassidy, a bank analyst at RBC Capital Markets, stated that the merger would secure a long-term future for a banking company. He noted that it would be catastrophic to...
- Regional banks may succumb to takeovers. Shingler, Dan // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/13/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 41, p1
The article reports that both National City Corp. and KeyCorp appear susceptible to takeover in view of their stocks being severely depressed. It states that KeyCorp finds itself vulnerable to an opportunistic acquirer as its stock continues to sink in value. According to bank analyst Fred...