women to watch
- ART OF THE DEAL. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;1/28/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 4, special section p2
The article profiles Janice Arouh, senior vice president of network distribution and service at Hallmark Channel. She discusses the benefits and challenges relating to her job at Hallmark, including the negotiation and renewal of carriage contracts with cable operators for an independent...
- Wonder Women Hall of Fame: Previous Wonder Women. // Multichannel News;1/27/2003 Supplement, Vol. 24, p46B
Lists names of various successful women executives in the cable television industry since 1999. List of women executives who were successful in 1999; Women executives who were successful in 2000; Names of women executives who were successful in 2001.
- PAST HONOREES. // Multichannel News;1/28/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 4, special section p28
The article lists women in the American cable industry who were honored by the periodical "Multichannel News," from 2000 to 2006, which includes WideOpenWest's Colleen Abdoulah, Oxygen Media's Debby Beece, and Brave Network's Frances Berwick.
- LEADING WITH A PERSONAL MISSION. Haley, Kathy // Multichannel News;10/17/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 43, p53
Highlights the success of Janice Arouh, senior vice president of network distribution and service for Hallmark Channel, in her career. Award to be received from the Women in Cable & Telecommunication Southern California Chapter; Comments of Paul FitzPatrick, executive vice president of Hallmark...
- Strong Root grows at BBC2. Clarke, Steve // Variety;04/30/2001, Vol. 382 Issue 11, p24
Features Jane Root, controller of the BBC2 cable television company. Career background; Job responsibilities at BBC2.
- 5Qs with Discovery Channel chief Jane Root:. // CableFAX Daily;4/24/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 79, p3
Interviews Discovery Channel chief Jane Root. Factor which prompted her to change Discovery's biker and truck fare; Plans for Science Channel and Military Channel.
- PATRICIA GOTTESMAN. Atkinson, Claire // Advertising Age;6/4/2007, Vol. 78 Issue 23, pS-15
This article profiles Patricia Gottesman, Executive Vice President-Digital Marketing and Commerce for Cablevision Systems Corp. Gottesman has been selling her vision of what Cablevision can bring to companies looking to market their products through cable systems. Gottesman hopes to develop an...
- Xaos' Wild Ride. Diaz, Ann-Christine // Advertising Age's Creativity;May2000, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p46
Focuses on the broadcast identification campaign created by Xaos for cable television network ZDTV. Women executives at the animation and design house, Xaos; Mastery of the visual territory of large-format cinema; Xaos' ride film project for the Volkswagen AutoStadt automotive theme park.
- Cable Pioneer Yolanda Barco Dies at 74. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;06/12/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p16
Reports on the death of attorney, cable executive and philanthropist Yolanda G. Barco on May 27, 2000 at her home in Meadville, Pennsylvania. Career achievements; Career background; Contributions to the cable television industry in the United States.